can you give me some advice on the best camera phone with excellent autonomy under 600 €?

germandowski

Oct 9, 2020
Visit site
Under € 600 excluding the note 10 (which I don't like the display) the best alternative as a main camera is the mi 10 right?
because I believe that the only alternatives are: samsung S20 FE 5G, mi 10, p30 pro
Based on the main one with pixel binning we have:
- Mi 10 = 25MP, f1.7, 1 / 1.33 ", 1.66um
- p30 pro = 10MP, f1.6, 1 / 1.7 ", 2um
- FE 5G = 12MP, f1.8, 1 / 1.76 ", 1.8um

In theory the best should be the mi 10 which has a larger sensor size and higher resolution, right?
Because it is true that the p30 pro / FE 5g have a larger individual pixel size ... but the sensor size should be more important, right?
(all this speech excluding the software for now)

Thank you

EDIT: Sorry I used google translate: autonomy = battery life

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are the Pixel 3a or 4a an option for you? The Pixel cameras are superb, and they're very affordable.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Under € 600 excluding the note 10 (which I don't like the display) the best alternative as a main camera is the mi 10 right?
because I believe that the only alternatives are: samsung S20 FE 5G, mi 10, p30 pro
Based on the main one with pixel binning we have:
- Mi 10 = 25MP, f1.7, 1 / 1.33 ", 1.66um
- p30 pro = 10MP, f1.6, 1 / 1.7 ", 2um
- FE 5G = 12MP, f1.8, 1 / 1.76 ", 1.8um

In theory the best should be the mi 10 which has a larger sensor size and higher resolution, right?
Because it is true that the p30 pro / FE 5g have a larger individual pixel size ... but the sensor size should be more important, right?

Sensor size and resolution aren't necessarily deciding factors, because it also depends on other variables and your desires. As the pixel count increases, the pixel size decreases unless you also make the sensor larger. Larger pixels mean better low light performance. Aperture size also affects low light performance, and a larger aperture (lower f#) gathers more light. If low light performance is your goal, the P30 Pro would arguably be the best in that list. Then again, sensor quality also comes into play, especially when it comes to noise handling.

All that said, most flagship phones all have great cameras and the differences between them are splitting hairs. Since you clarified you are concerned about battery life, I'd throw the LG V60 into the mix if available in your area. It has a great camera, and phenomenal battery life. It may be within your budget, depending on offers you can get.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's also important to consider the software processing, since that can make average camera hardware really shine -- it's why Pixel cameras are so good.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
From reviews and firsthand accounts, the battery life on the 3a and 4a is quite good -- much better than the physical battery size would suggest. What kind of screen-on times do you need?

germandowski

Oct 9, 2020
Visit site
besides Gsmarena, what other sites that make reliable reviews would you recommend me?
I could seriously consider it as it costs 389 € in my country ...

My only problem with this device would be the battery life.

(thanks)

germandowski

Oct 9, 2020
Visit site
guys, i was at this point seriously evaluating pixel 4a (to save money). Guess? It is sold out! :(
Do you think it will be available again in the future? Is it really possible that the sale of this 4a is already over?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it'll be available again. Google has become notorious for underestimating demand. You don't have an option to order it and just wait for it to come back in stock?

Did you only look in the Google Store online? How about other retailers, like Amazon, Best Buy, B&H Photo, etc.?

germandowski

Oct 9, 2020
Visit site
I'm sure it'll be available again. Google has become notorious for underestimating demand. You don't have an option to order it and just wait for it to come back in stock?

Did you only look in the Google Store online? How about other retailers, like Amazon, Best Buy, B&H Photo, etc.?

yes I also looked on amazon.it (not sold) in addition to the Italian google store and I would evaluate the purchase only on other amazons but making sure that it is "sold and shipped by amazon" (.de / .fr / and only last. uk because more expensive). This is to avoid problems in case of return / other problems.

Obviously assuming that the availability will return in a more or less identical way between France / Italy / Germany / etc, I would expect to take it in Italy directly.

So this is not the first time that stocks have run out immediately, as soon as the new pixel model goes on sale?

(thank you very much again)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if they've run out immediately, but I do recall issues in the past with difficulty keeping some of the new phones in stock. If there's no way to place the order and just wait for it to come back in stock, then I would recommend checking the Google Store listing every day or every few days to see when it does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174