Can you recommend a short USB-C to C cable? (< 1 foot)

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I searched Amazon for a short USB-C to USB-C cable that is one foot or less, preferably less, and I had to sift through dozens of listings because it brought up longer cables. I found this one but it's $10 for a little, short cable. I was thinking like $5 and getting a bunch of them. I know if I buy 2-3, we're talking $10-$15 savings but that's something.

Anyone found and using a short USB-C to C cable?

Thanks!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can you recommend a short USB-C to C cable? (&lt; 1 foot)

Here's a link to Benson Leung's FAQ about type-C chargers. He also has a spreadsheet of all the ones that are out that goes into detail regarding how good each one is. Unfortunately I can't find it right now, but maybe this link will help. https://plus.google.com/+BensonLeung/posts/HakwCMmd346

The spreadsheet isn't as important when looking for a C-C cable as it should comply with the USB-C PD spec anyway.

For the OP: The link the first post is to an A-C cable. I don't know if you're going to find many cables under 3 feet. I have one from Anker that I use with their charging block at work. http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Devices...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5088659

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can you recommend a short USB-C to C cable? (&lt; 1 foot)

Can't use the a to c cable in the box?

No, I am looking for C to C to take advantage of fast charging on the battery I recently bought.

The spreadsheet isn't as important when looking for a C-C cable as it should comply with the USB-C PD spec anyway.

For the OP: The link the first post is to an A-C cable. I don't know if you're going to find many cables under 3 feet. I have one from Anker that I use with their charging block at work. Amazon.com: Anker USB-C to USB-C Cable (3.3ft) for USB Type-C Devices Including the new MacBook, ChromeBook Pixel, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nokia N1 Tablet, OnePlus 2 and More: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks for that. I didn't actually know that the C to C cables are safe. Yeah, I've noticed it's hard to find cables <3 ft. I just want to limit the tangle of cables when I am sitting on a 12 hour flight and digging through my backpack.

I'm just going to leave the cables in my Amazon shopping cart and maybe a discount will occur. They have popped up in the past. If nothing shows up before I leave, I'll just buy the cable. It's only a few dollars. Just irritates me that I have to pay $10 for a tiny cable.

Thanks guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel