Canadian Nexus 4 Ordered On December 3rd - Order Status and Tracking

ced2334

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
My order changed to Dec 20th and now the 27th but so far no charge on my card yet. My order time was 12:06:40 and I am in the 3-4 week window. Hopefully see something tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Jtmorris

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My order date changed too. Not sure about credit card yet. No changes on wallet. Order time 1:07:42 (3-4 weeks).
Where are people seeing shipping via UPS?

maxod

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
So apparently Google wasn't trying to stick it to you and delivered earlier than expected? Seems we had a similar experience. +1 Google. :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I have to come in here and say that myself and a few others ( 1 to 2 weeker's) got our shipping notices on the final day of shipping (Dec 19). Google did it right in promising that we would get our phones within the shipping/delivery time period by shipping them by air instead of ground. We received our phones the next day (Dec 20).

Hang in there guys. Seeing how your order status changed to pre-order means that you're about to get a shipping notification soon.

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
what's the app?

Its called something like box free storage or something... its NOT available on the play store, so you need to Google it...
last time I tried looking for it most links were dead and it had been removed... if you can't find it PM me and I'll send you the apk...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Q

ggbrown

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This happened to my order shown in the Play store once before. It changed from Dec 3 (when I ordred it) to Dec 20, but there was no CC charge. Yesterday it changed to Dec 27 and I confirmed the CC had been charged this time.

I really think Google is just inexperienced in selling things to customers, or this type retail is out of their comfort zone. They can manipulate data like a frikken wizard, but sell stuff? No.

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to think positive, could I ask you one question? if you have registered for the 50g of storage cloud on box.com, for life.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Nope, I have 25gb of dropbox and I barely use it as it is. In an unrelated note I have a buzzing sound coming from the phone, google is aware of it, they have sent a replacement phone to replace it. I would like this phone saga to end so I can move on :p

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure if my credit card was charged or if it was just pre-authorized. Its still not showing as a charge but the 422.66 is deducted from my credit limit. Either way it means something is going on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD.

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I have 25gb of dropbox and I barely use it as it is. In an unrelated note I have a buzzing sound coming from the phone, google is aware of it, they have sent a replacement phone to replace it. I would like this phone saga to end so I can move on :p

That really sucks, to have waited patiently for your phone only for it to be defective.

There is however a slight buzzing issue in the ear piece of most of the nexus 4's, I believe I read a blog post about it recently... Here is the link to the blog post.

http://www.androidcentral.com/earpiece-buzz-not-unique-nexus-4

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Can you be a bit specific as to where exactly its coming from... the buzzing I mean... so know where exactly to check...?

From what I've read it comes from the earpiece when both on a call or not on a call... is that correct...?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. Mine has been perfect. Were they sending you a new one right away? And how has your battery been?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Can you be a bit specific as to where exactly its coming from... the buzzing I mean... so know where exactly to check...?

From what I've read it comes from the earpiece when both on a call or not on a call... is that correct...?

I did not notice any issues when I first got the phone. However I did notice a buzzing noise when charging (thought it was the charger) so I thought nothing more of it. Then last night the house was very quiet and while browsing the web I noticed a buzzing noise. Regardless of whether the screen is on or off, in airplane mode, etc the buzz comes from the speaker. Even when the screen is off it sounds like the speaker will not turn off. It is definitely louder when the phone is on. A complete shutdown of the phone stops the noise. Brad, they have already processed the replacement (they have seperate stock for RMA) and it should be at my house within a week. They also gave me a bunch of forms/new shipping label to return my old phone in (once replacement arrives).

niagarawalls

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I did not notice any issues when I first got the phone. However I did notice a buzzing noise when charging (thought it was the charger) so I thought nothing more of it. Then last night the house was very quiet and while browsing the web I noticed a buzzing noise. Regardless of whether the screen is on or off, in airplane mode, etc the buzz comes from the speaker. Even when the screen is off it sounds like the speaker will not turn off. It is definitely louder when the phone is on. A complete shutdown of the phone stops the noise. Brad, they have already processed the replacement (they have seperate stock for RMA) and it should be at my house within a week. They also gave me a bunch of forms/new shipping label to return my old phone in (once replacement arrives).

Well at least that's reassuring. :thumbup:

Brandon Nguyen

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
OMG I just checked my UPS tracking and my phone has just arrived to Edmonton at 7:42 AM Local time, phoned UPS and they told me I should get my phone by the end of the day..what a relief knowing that it is not missing :D

DrunkFux

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry I'm a bit confused... when you say "speaker", do you mean the loud speaker on the Back, or the earpiece speaker on the Front...?

Interestingly weird that the sound comes whether the screen is on or off and always just randomly coming... hope the rest of ours are OK as well as your replacement...

ImmenseBrick

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry I'm a bit confused... when you say "speaker", do you mean the loud speaker on the Back, or the earpiece speaker on the Front...?

Interestingly weird that the sound comes whether the screen is on or off and always just randomly coming... hope the rest of ours are OK as well as your replacement...

Sorry, you are right that is a bit confusing. The earpiece seems to be making the buzzing sound. Brad, so far the battery has been fine. In the evening I turn it on airplane mode to save power. I ran 53 hours on a single charge with about 2 hours of screen time and like 10 minutes of talking, still had around 30% battery. So all in all I am very happy with the battery for my needs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174