Cancelled my 6P Pre-order and Pre-ordered a BlackBerry Priv

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Can you actually reference even one review that states this? Because I sure haven't seen it.

Every single one confirms my 4 points and I'm willing to wager the AC review will echo the same. Hey, these are issues that are important to me, your mileage may vary. I'm not slagging the 6p, just pointing out it's not for me.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Niche phone means poor support and sloowwww software updates.

Seriously, the Android 'Field' is already extremely muddy. We really didn't need a Blackberry/Android phone. HTC is about to kill their mobile division because investors deem the company worthless, LG's mobile is barely hanging on, and people were surprised Sony is still releasing phones after their mobile group has posted year after year losses. This last ditch 'hail Mary' from Blackberry sounds like their final death twitch. With poor marketing and carrier support, the sales people in your AT&T and VZW stores will tuck the Priv promotionals away into a dark corner of the showroom, and 6 months from now it'll be replaced by an expansion of the iPhone display case.

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Every single one confirms my 4 points and I'm willing to wager the AC review will echo the same. Hey, these are issues that are important to me, your mileage may vary. I'm not slagging the 6p, just pointing out it's not for me.

Really? Every single one I've seen disagrees with you. I'm willing to wager that you can't point out a single review that agrees with you on all four points.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, the 6p is getting knocked for lack of brightness, especially outside and for over blown colors. The Note 5 screen is regarded as the best.

although on video the 6p screen looks stellar on reviews its an optical illusion. the 5X actually beats it. Watch the 6p vs 5x review from Pocket now and he explains it.

freedomx20a

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
Blackberry Priv. Since the Passport came out I've wanted to try Blackberry again but was always scared off by the lack of a decent eco system and the funk screen shape/size. With the Priv, it seems Android/BB fans can have it all.

I was very excited initially to rejoin the Nexus family but based on the less than stellar reviews of the 6P, I'll sit this generation out and see if they fix things next time out. I already have the Note 5 and it seems the 6P falls short in the the areas that matter most to me, namely:

1. display: all reviews agree it's good, but not as good as the Note 5
2. sound quality thru headphones not very good compared to Note 5
3. Camera good but not as good as Note 5
4. Battery, decent, but not as good as Note 5

I'm sure the 6P will be a decent device but it just seems to fall a little short to me. Enjoy them!

Enjoy my friend!

The insiders at crackberry are saying Berry has Marshmellow and are just testing it. Should get updated fairly quickly. As bb10 os usually gets an update every month or new leak. So hopefully Marsh comes soon.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
You expected the display to be the good as the Note 5? The phone with the best display on the entire market? That's a really high expectation to meet. Does the Priv have a display as good as that? Noooope.

Same goes for the camera. Does Priv have a camera as good as the Note 5? Nope. Does it even have a camera as good as the 6P? I doubt it.

TheNexxuvas

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I hold no faith in blackberry supporting this phone, let alone still selling it 6 months or less time from now.

But the Nexus 5, a phone that's 3 years old now is getting Marshmallow/Android 6.0, Nexus line is solid, and supported. The 5X and 6P are the smarter purchase here.

Posted via the Android Central App

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
The problem I have with the Blackberry Slider is that:
it is still tied to a carrier -- delays any Android updates
it is not carrier independent --- I can't take the phone with me if I want to move from Verizon to AT&T
and it is still running Lollipop 5.1.1 -- when will it update to 6.0?

The priv is unlocked now and not tied to a carrier not sure where you got that, only mention of a carrier is that they will carry them but that is later blackberry is selling the device as now through blackberry.com and its no carrier period.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Maybe that's why the 6P is using a Samsung panel.

its not using the same panel as the note 5 i also have the note 5 and pre ordered the Nexus 6p on the hopes that it was using the same panel and its not, so far the brightness is not there and the note 5 panel basically looks as if the icons are on the surface the nexus reviews state its not the same look or quality but it is a samsung screen just not the newer version on the note 5 but i will compare them side by side that will determine if i keep the nexus 6p and sell the note 5 or vice versa.

AustinIllini

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
"...but based on the less than stellar reviews of the 6P..." I'm not sure I've seen any negative reviews for the 6P, in fact I would even consider them to be 'stellar.' Meanwhile - are there any reviews for the Priv, yet? It does look like an interesting device, but it will be interesting to see if any of the specs you mention match up to the Note 5 on the Priv.
Stellar for OP would involve something along the lines of:
"So great, you should take up a second mortgage on your house, put your kids up for adoption, sell your car, and give all your money to Google to buy as many of these as possible."

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Stellar for OP would involve something along the lines of:
"So great, you should take up a second mortgage on your house, put your kids up for adoption, sell your car, and give all your money to Google to buy as many of these as possible."

Yes something like that. I'm glad someone finally gets it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality37