Question Cannot find phone app after moving to a different app

MusicChris63

May 25, 2024
Visit site
I have a Nokia phone. Here's the scenario:

1) I'm on the phone with my bank. The banks sends a text with a code, that I have to enter.

2) Of the three buttons at the bottom of the screent -- left pointing triangle, small circle, small square -- I press the small circle. This puts down the phone app, and I see the screen showing the apps I might run.

3) I click on the text message app to open it, and read the confirmation code from a text message just sent by the bank.

4) Now I have to get back to the phone app, in order to type in the confirmation code that I was just sent, but I can't find the phone screen.

The phone connection is still alive, because I can hear the voice on the other end, telling me to enter the code.

But how do I navigate back to the phone app, after it has been put aside??

Thank you,

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Assuming the call is still active, you can do a few things:

1. Tap the square button (the App Overview/Recent Apps button), and scroll over until you find the Phone app's screen (you shouldn't have to scroll very far, since you just used it). Then tap it, and the device should switch back to the active call.

2. Swipe down the notification panel -- an active call should show up as a persistent notification. Tap the notification, and the Phone app should open back up.

3. If you don't have a Phone app shortcut on your homescreen, you can always bring up your App Drawer to see all of your apps, and tap the Phone icon there as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameszang48