Cannot import photos from Android to PC

SkepticSon

Jul 8, 2022
Visit site
Greetings to all!

I'm new to the forum, and also relatively new to Android phones.

I want to easily access my pictures from my Samsung S20 FE on Windows. I tried the 'Connect To Windows' feature, and the connection appears to work fine up to certain point: I can see all my photos on the Windows app. The issue, however, is when I try to save those pictures on the PC. The JPGs simply won't open.

I find very odd that the pictures will open on the Connect To Windows app on the PC, but in no other app after photos are saved.

Can anyone help me with this issue? It's been happening for months, and I never found a workaround.

Cheers!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with the Windows application so I don't really know how the phone connects through the app or anything like that.

I'm going to assume that this is happening wirelessly, yes/no?

If you are connecting wirelessly you probably are not wanting to connect via a USB cable. However, USB is easy, you just have to unlock the phone for the PC to see the phone storage.

Being new to Android, my apologies if you are already aware of this, but you should back up your pics and videos. We get a lot of requests for help after things go south and people are desperate to recover pics and videos from a damaged, dead, lost or stolen device. The reason I bring this up is because if you use Google to back up your media you can access it anywhere you can log in to Google. On your PC or laptop you're probably using Chrome and you're probably logged in to your Google account in Chrome. If Google is backing up your media you can press the 3x3 grid of dots next to your profile image and choose Photos to view all of the images and videos from the cloud. You can also transfer these items back and forth between the PC and the cloud but it is also super easy to share in other ways from the cloud. So unless there is a reason you need the images on the PC they can be left in the cloud and just viewed on another device.

Best wishes

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'll expand on VidJunky's advice about connecting via USB -- after you connect (making sure the phone screen is unlocked), swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB notification. Make sure File Transfer (or MTP) is selected).

Then open Windows Explorer on the PC, double click your phone in the device list, and go to the /DCIM/Camera directory. The photo files should be there, and should be easily draggable/droppable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87