cannot root 4g evo

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So I have tried the unrevoked method and the revolution method and neither one are working. I have all the drivers and suggested files downloaded and installed and it just wont work. I keep getting the error is your firmware to new with unrevoked and in revolution i keep getting a error saying my beta key is wrong.

I have tried revolution at least 20 times and the same with unrevoked. I will seriously paypal someone $5 today if you can get this to work for me

PFCLand

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What i meant to say is , Are you reading and entering the correct numbers to get the beta key on the revolution site ? Also have you tryed running revolution.exe as administrator ? Because mine would not work unless i ran as admin.

Sent From my Evoled HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The key is entered right, I ran as admin too and it just wont work. I did a evo a week ago and it worked fine but this one wont root at all. Ill pay someone $5 if they help me do this

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Superoneclick just does the root right? So then I would have to flash clockwork and flash super user, if I am wrong please let me know I am looking into it right now

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately no, unrevoked keeps giving me a error saying is your firmware too new, i just did a factory reset on the phone and will try super one click again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024