Can't clear my application caches...?

nova808

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

I'm trying to clear my application cache via the Applications Manager on my Samsung Galaxy s3, but the 'Clear cache' button is blanked out and it says 'Computing...'

I've left it to 'Compute', but absolutely nothing happens and I can't clear or uninstall anything. Is there anything I can do to speed up 'Computing...' so that I can actually clear application caches? My keyboard is giving me problems and many people recommend clearing application caches to speed up the phone and sort out software issues. Please help!

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi All

I'm trying to clear my application cache via the Applications Manager on my Samsung Galaxy s3, but the 'Clear cache' button is blanked out and it says 'Computing...'

I've left it to 'Compute', but absolutely nothing happens and I can't clear or uninstall anything. Is there anything I can do to speed up 'Computing...' so that I can actually clear application caches? My keyboard is giving me problems and many people recommend clearing application caches to speed up the phone and sort out software issues. Please help!

I had my share of problems doing a UNIVERSAL clear cache in newer versions of Android. Commands I used to use seemed to be missing.

I dl'd an app call History Eraser Pro just for that reason. It will wipe out all caches. The rest you may or not care about; I don't. But it works well for what I needed it for.

OTOH, I have to admit that now that I have a S4 and lots of room, I don't have to clear caches very much.

ceann

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, I found a fix for me. I downloaded an app called "Clean Master" and used it to clean up files etc.. After this i was able to clear cache on my apps :D Hope this helps