Can't connect to D-LInk router

panhandler

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I just recently installed a new D-Link DIR-615 Wireless N router. My One X will not connect with it. Most of the time it doesn't even see the router. All of my other devices connect fine with it. I have 2 desktop computers, a laptop, a PS Vita, a PS3, and my wife's HTC Inspire. My previous router was a Linksys WRT54G and my phone connected with it fine. Has anyone else had problems with the HOX and D-Link routers? Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A few things to try, and apologies if you've already tried them:

1. Reboot the phone.
2. Reboot the router (unplug the power, wait 10 seconds, plug it back in, then wait another 20-30 seconds for the connection to be re-established).
3. Try changing the security on your router (e.g., from WPA to WEP, or from AES to TKIP).
4. See what happens if you turn off the router's security completely. This is obviously not a great solution in the long term, but at least you can see if the security is the main problem.
5. Change from a dynamic to a static IP address.
6. Make sure your router has the latest firmware. Find it here: D-Link | Wireless N300 Router
7. Search the product's forum here: DIR-615

panhandler

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I tried all of that to no avail. Here's how I solved it. I hooked up the WRT54G router to the D-Link router w/an ethernet cable and turned off DHCP on the Linksys. My phone connects to the Linksys router fine and then runs thru the D-Link. Problem solved!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts