Can't fnd how to assign a sound to Twitter app

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I can't find how to set alert sounds for the Twitter app on my S21 Ultra. Can someone walk me through the steps. It doesn't even seem to have the default system sound assigned to it, because I never get an audio alert.

I've tried looking both in the app itself and in the settings > notifications section on the phone. I don't know if I'm just not digging deep enough into one of those never-ending option trees, but can't find a place to assign a ringtone for Twitter.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, open your phone settings and tap the search icon. Type "Twitter", the first entry should be

App info
Twitter

Tap that. Tap "notifications" and then whatever category you want to change the sound for (direct message for example). Scroll down a little and it'll say "sound".

Tap it and pick a sound.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, open your phone settings and tap the search icon. Type "Twitter", the first entry should be

App info
Twitter

Tap that. Tap "notifications" and then whatever category you want to change the sound for (direct message for example). Scroll down a little and it'll say "sound".

Tap it and pick a sound.

Thank you, fuzzy! They don't necessarily make it intuitive to find, and there's so many ways to go. Part of the problem was it had been so long since I last assigned a ringtone to Twitter (or any app.) My last phone was a Note 8, so it has been a few years, and a few Android systems ago.:) But Twitter seems a little more tricky for some reason. On the Facebook app, it was pretty easy.

Thanks again!

Cheers.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
No problem!

You're not wrong, it's pretty convoluted, especially when an app like Twitter doesn't have a link to the setting.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards