Can't install Facebook app

Tanay Saluja

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently uninstalled the Facebook app. Now I can't reinstall. It says installation error - 504. I've tried clearing cache of play as well as the residual files of the app but I am still unable to install it again. I am not rooted. I am currently running 5.0.2.

cdcwhite

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Facebook kept freezing on my galaxy S5 starting 4 or 5 days ago, so I tried clearing caches on all my apps, did the uninstall of FB. Now I can't reinstall FB because the google store won't let me download it and says it is already installed. So how do I get around this? Surely I can edit the play store so I can download but I can't figure out how. I am hoping FB has stopped freezing in the meantime. thank you for suggestions.

cdcwhite

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Replying to myself here. I got my FB app fixed yesterday. I had done all the usual stuff then uninstalled all updates. Then ATT started updating my Galaxy S5. Next I downloaded Download Manager as suggested in the last suggestion by Google Play Store. I must have deleted the Download Manager by trying to clean up unused apps on my phone. Well apparently you have to keep the Download Manger because as soon as I downloaded Download Manager I was able to download and reinstall Facebook even though I had the message on Playstore and everywhere I tried to download it that it was already installed. I just clicked through the install request regardless if it said "installed." Immediately thereafter FB installed and was functioning. So far I am able to use it without freezing.,

Mahesh Ghamaand

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
I recently uninstalled the Facebook app. Now I can't reinstall. It says installation error - 504. I've tried clearing cache of play as well as the residual files of the app but I am still unable to install it again. I am not rooted. I am currently running 5.0.2.

Clear opera max data and cache, I tried this with same problem and can successfully installed it !

Michael R Schroeder

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I even did a factory reset and it hasn't helped! This all happened after my last update. For 2 years it worked fine on my tablet. Ffs

I spent countless hours trying to update Facebook through Google Play store having the same frustrations and doing the same stuff everyone else told us to do. Finally I thought from outside the box and instead of trying to download from Play Store, I successfully downloaded the latest version of Facebook from apkmirror.com

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
@fejzbuk it doesn't matter how many times you post, without any details about your particular issue we can't begin to help you with an answer.

Let's start with the following -
what phone?
what OS?
do you receive an error, what is it?
where are you trying to install it from?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter