Can't transfer photos from PC to Samsung galaxy tab A7

olderthandirt2023

Jul 23, 2023
Visit site
I transferred some photos from my samsung galaxy A7 to my pc. I then reset the tablet to factory settings. Now, I can't transfer the photos back to the tablet. I have tried everything I can find on the internet that is "supposed" to work, but nothing does. I can't get my PC to recognize the tablet. I have tried a data cable that I used to transfer the photos to the PC and just a regular cable used for charging, nothing seems to work. Do I need software to do this?
Thanks in advance.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Your tablet probably reset to usb charging.
Go to settings and search for usb preferences ( I'm on pixel so it may be some variation) set it to file transfer or mtp whichever works best for you.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you connect the tablet to the PC via USB, swipe down the notification panel. Do you see a USB notification? If so, tap that, and see if it gives you the option to change from "Charge Only" to "File Transfer".

unique9876

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
Double-check you're using the right data cable and try different USB ports. Make sure the tablet's drivers are up to date.
If nothing works, you might want to give Samsung's Smart Switch software a shot.