Question Can't turn on tablet

1cincity

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
I have a BLU ML8 tablet that absolutely will NOT turn on. Oh, she acts like she's going to but she doesn't. When it's plugged in, I tap the power button and on the screen it says "BLU Smartphones
Powered by Android." Then I get a black screen. If it's not plugged in, I tap on the power button and nothing happens. Just a black screen. I have tried holding down the power button for 10, 15, and even 20 seconds to power on but I just get the BLU Smartphone announcement. I've tried holding down the power button and the volume up button at the same time... nothing. Yes, I charged it overnight before going to bed and trying the above listed. So that's not the problem. This tablet is only a few months old and doesn't get overly used so I don't see how the battery could be dead yet. Any other ideas?

1cincity

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
The battery is cold. I've done this trick with an iPad: blow a hairdryer onto the back of it (hot air). Move it around so you don't melt the adhesive. When the back is hot to the touch, plug it in and see if it will charge. If it does start charging, let it sit until it's fully charged.

Hope this works.
Welcome to Android Central! See if you can do a factory reset from the Recovery Menu: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/blu/blu-m8l-2022/

That tablet is very much a budget device, so the quality control isn't going to be great. We've seen a number of complaints about it in this forum.
I tried your suggestion but it didn't work. As I previously mentioned, holding the two buttons doesn't do anything. After a couple seconds, it turns back to a black screen. Thanks anyways.

I would try this except I haven't owned a hairdryer in 40+ years! Lol And I recently moved into an old farts neighborhood (dont get upset...I'm an old fart myself) and haven't seen hide nor hair of a soul in this FL heat to borrow one. I guess I might have to go buy a little 'ol cheap one and give it a try. Thanks for the idea.

1cincity

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
It very well could be a faulty battery or battery connection/charging port.
If it's new and only a few months old I would suggest bringing it back and exchanging it or let them repair it.
The problem with that is I didn't buy it at a store. I'm a senior citizen and got it for free through a program. And now I'm having trouble trying to reach someone through said program. That's our government for ya.

Reactions: jben

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I would try this except I haven't owned a hairdryer in 40+ years! Lol And I recently moved into an old farts neighborhood (dont get upset...I'm an old fart myself) and haven't seen hide nor hair of a soul in this FL heat to borrow one. I guess I might have to go buy a little 'ol cheap one and give it a try. Thanks for the idea.
Being British I'm not exactly an expert, but wouldn't taking it outside for 10 minutes in Florida be the equivalent of running a hairdryer over it?

Assuming it doesn't rain

I also doubt this is the issue, unless you have your air conditioning set incredibly low.

1cincity

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Being British I'm not exactly an expert, but wouldn't taking it outside for 10 minutes in Florida be the equivalent of running a hairdryer over it?

Assuming it doesn't rain

I also doubt this is the issue, unless you have your air conditioning set incredibly low.
Hmm, could be! I didn't think of that! We are having 100° days lately. I hate the cold air from the air conditioner; that's why I have mine set at a constant 77°. But it is warmer outside. I'll definitely try it! Thanks!

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, could be! I didn't think of that! We are having 100° days lately. I hate the cold air from the air conditioner; that's why I have mine set at a constant 77°. But it is warmer outside. I'll definitely try it! Thanks!
Google tells me that 77F is 25C, which should keep your battery happy, so I now doubly doubt that is the issue. Still worth a try though... just stay hydrated lol.

Reactions: 1cincity