Capacitive buttons won't light up.

MrGr8

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had this problem? If so can I do anything to fix it besides filing an insurance claim?

Sent from my Dinc2 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

johnjuan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
my buttons stopped lighting in portrait mode for a few hours then started working again. I would try manufacturer's warranty if possible. Good luck.

update... My screen display went out completely! Went to verizon hoping to get Htc warranty but she said because of scratches on the case i'd have to use insurance. I could still receive calls becauseI knew where to swipe to answer. When I called Asurion they issued manufacturer warranty. Btw in direct sunlight I could barely see screen. But capacitive buttons where ok.

Last edited:

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do they still work, even though they are not lit?

Have you tried playing with the brightness? Could it be that the display has just auto-dimmed to the point where the buttons just seem like they went away?

I'd try turning the brightness to 100% and see what happens

MrGr8

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Update: The capacitive buttons just started working again. No clue what that was all about.

snsethy

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
my buttons stopped lighting in portrait mode for a few hours then started working again. I would try manufacturer's warranty if possible. Good luck.

update... My screen display went out completely! Went to verizon hoping to get Htc warranty but she said because of scratches on the case i'd have to use insurance. I could still receive calls becauseI knew where to swipe to answer. When I called Asurion they issued manufacturer warranty. Btw in direct sunlight I could barely see screen. But capacitive buttons where ok.

My screen/buttons have been doing the same thing, I kept messing with it until it the screen turned on, but it's kind of jacked up. Now I wish I had left it broken. Although Verizon has in the notes that there are bright lines on one side and dark shadows on the other from the half second after I replaced the battery and powered up.

sjpritch25

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Update: The capacitive buttons just started working again. No clue what that was all about.

The only time that was happening was with the custom ICS ROMs. Do you have one of them installed or are you stock.