Car mount not on windsheild

mscalero

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Anyone seen any good Droid car mounts that don't suction cup to the windshield. I'm looking for maybe something that clips onto a vent or maybe even sits on my dashboard but does not move (and is not using adhesive).

Any feedback is appreciated.

Umass021

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
The mount you buy thru verizon has a something that sticks onto the dash and you mount it off of that. It is like a rubber piece with double sided tape on it.

G

GenericMessage

The mount you buy thru verizon has a something that sticks onto the dash and you mount it off of that. It is like a rubber piece with double sided tape on it.

They said no adhesive.

Have you tried a GPS "beanbag chair?"

I know it sounds silly, but they are real. They sit on your dash and you prop up the unit on it. But some do have adhesive.

There are lots of universal mounts that clip to your air vents on the front of the dash.

But I am gonna tell you, if you want it right on-top of the dash, you'll run into sticking it there.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Another vote here for the ProClip. Got it for my car. Yes it is a bit pricey, but works great and does not damage the car or get in your way.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Can't beat RAM Mounts...lots of ways to do it, but based on you thinking $30 was expensive...can't help much.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I used a vent mount with my previous phone and ended up having to choose between using the heater or mounting my phone - the phone wanted to boil :)

I went the Verizon dash mount route for Droid. For a non-adhesive solution, look for a bean bag type of mount.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The Verizon one uses a suction cup, and it works better than any other car mount I've ever used.

I have to agree that the Verizon mount for the Droid is the most solid of any mount for any device I have ever used.

To the OP: Take a look at Amzer's web site. They have quite a few different styles of Droid mounts. I haven't used any of them, so I can't speak to their quality though.

AWDmonster

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
We bought one of these for my gf, I think they have the wrong picture as we paid $24.99. Comes with a 3M adhesive plastic dish to suction onto the dash. Works pretty well, she commutes almost 100 miles a day with no complaints so far.

So I cannot post up links yet. If you go to bestbuy.com it is the: Xentris Wireless - Vehicle Windshield Mount for Mobile Devices - Black

They also have a vent/dash combo for 19.99 also.

anon(2112)

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I use the Arkon CM012 Non-Skid Friction Dashboard Mount in my wife's car because of the angle of the windshield. You have the option of using with or without the provided adhesive hook. I use without the hook on the dashboard. It's got some weight to it with rubbery bottom and doesn't slide unless you really slam on the brakes. It holds it's position even when I touch while using for navigation or music listening. It's universal so it works with my Motorola Droid car mount. Check it out at </title><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" lang="en" xml:lang="en"> <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html

Lantandroid

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
do a search for "Vent/Adhesive Combo Mount" on verizonwireless.com.

you can also get a windshield version. It worked for my Curve and works perfect for the DROID. I am thinking of gluing a magnet on it to throw it into Car Mode.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Bean bag mounts do not have adhesive and stay in place effectively. The bean bag mount for my GF's Garmin has a ball connector which the part that holds the phone of the Droid car mount will fit into. I use this combo since my GF does not use her GPS anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp