Car's voice recognition and Bluetooth problem

CodaMan

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
When I hold down the car's TEL button to activate the Turbo's phone's (6.0.1) voice recognition and tell the phone to make a call, it makes the call but I need to tap the phone's Bluetooth button on the dialer to make it switch to BT. All other commands work just fine and go out over BT. If I manually make a call from my phone it goes out over BT fine. It also works properly if I make a call using one of the cars's stored preset numbers, so it's only when making a call via voice recognition when it doesn't work properly.

My wife's Samsung doesn't have this problem, so it must be a Turbo problem or a Marshmallow problem.

Any ideas or settings i'm missing?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
An idea, I think. The car's BT profile and your Turbo's BT profile aren't talking to each other properly. Remember, BT is still a moving target, what worked on the phones they tried t on when they designed the radio may not work on all phones. And when there's an update to the radio it may work fine on your phone and stop working on your wife's phone.

You can make calls in the car, using the car's audio system. Some people can't. So you're at least mostly ahead of the situation.

CodaMan

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hmmmm. I have no problem activating the phone using the car's voice recognition. I can start music, read text messages, send text messages ... all no problem. I can even tell it to dial a number. When I tell it to dial a number it does, however, the problem is the call stays on the handset unless I tap the BT button on the dialer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781