Case/Screen Protector Recommendations

JCDaly

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
So, I just got an LG G3 on AT&T's Next program, which means I have to keep the phone in good shape in order to trade it in if I want to when the time comes.

Can anyone recommend a case that will absorb impact well, but not be too big. Caseless, the phone fits in my hand just fine, but I'm a bit concerned too big a case might change that. I understand though that such a case that I'm asking about may not exist.

As bad as it is, I still have the plastic over my screen until I get a screen protector (I know this won't protect the screen much, but it will at least block finger smudges, lol). Any recommendations here?

Thanks in advance, I'm glad to keep being an LG owner (previous phone was a LG Shine that lasted me nearly 6 years).

-JCD

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Any of the TPU cases (iBlason, Spigen, etc.), and a screen protector (tempered glass for dropping, but it will still scratch, so cheap plastic (they last about 12-18 months).

I use an Otterbox Defender. The case is food and the screen protector comes off the phone when you remove the case, so I can spray enough lens cleaning fluid on it to float off any particles before I wipe it, so it doesn't scratch. Expensive compared to a $12 TPU case, but it feels like it's worth the difference - solid.

gtcharlie

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the Incipio NGP ultra thin case and the Tech Armor ballistic glass screen protector. Great combination in my opinion. The case provides grip to the phone while adding very little bulk. And the ballistic glass was incredibly easy to install and looks great with absolutely no loss of screen sensitivity. Purchased both on Amazon for a total of about 25 dollars.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Take a look at the Quick Circle Wireless Charging (PMA) case available from AT&T. It's expensive ($59), but the Quick Circle functions available make it worth the cost. Then invest in a PMA wireless charging pad and be done with trying to wiggle the tight fitting micro USB connector into the phone.

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Here is my quick circle case with the spigen magnet clip to keep close. Wish they would of built in a magnet but this add on isn't bad looking. Only thing I wish it wasn't as slick as it is. But it adds no bulk and love how it protects the screen. The quick icons on the screen with closed are nice.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2187.jpg
    2187.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 55
  • 2186.jpg
    2186.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 2185.jpg
    2185.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 54

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I use an Otterbox Defender. The case is food and the screen protector comes off the phone when you remove the case, so I can spray enough lens cleaning fluid on it to float off any particles before I wipe it, so it doesn't scratch. Expensive compared to a $12 TPU case, but it feels like it's worth the difference - solid.
My Wife tried the defender case and it's too bulky. Plus the built in screen protector made the touch not sensitive so she constantly was having to double touch a icon for it to recognize.

anon(6142785)

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Here is my quick circle case with the spigen magnet clip to keep close. Wish they would of built in a magnet but this add on isn't bad looking. Only thing I wish it wasn't as slick as it is. But it adds no bulk and love how it protects the screen. The quick icons on the screen with closed are nice.

Where did you find the Spigen clip?

Posted from my VZW LG G3

cykodelik_75

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I went with the Incipio Octane case and Skinomi glass screen protector from Amazon. Spent around $25 for everything. Skinomi has free lifetime replacements on the glass screen protector and the Incipio case is a bumper case with a hard shell for the back. I love this combination because it doesn't add much bulk to the phone and has a frosted clear back to show off the blue steel color of my phone.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Bought the Tech Armor tempered glass screen protector and a clear Ringke hard slim case from Amazon last week and the screen protector is great but the case is just ok. The corners have slots for strain relief and gets caught on the fabric in my pocket.
The screen protector went on perfectly and I haven't seen any touch issues.

I might pick up the Spigen Hybrid case with the metal/slate edge.

Anyone with a suggestion for a bumper case?

thyde76

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Just put the Spigen Slim Armor and an ICarez tempered glass screen protector on my new phone today. I like the combo. The case does add some weight and a little bulk, but not bad, and the screen protector is ultra clear, and I haven't noticed any impact on the screen sensitivity. I even messed with a stylus on it, and it seemed fine.

JCDaly

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Wow, thanks for all the helpful responses! I'm gonna have a harder time trying to decide this than choosing a phone in the first place, lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
razpie