Cases for the Verizon G2

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Anyone seen these from beyond cell . Com BEYOND CELL / BEYONDCELL.COM - Cell Phone Accessories Wholesaler / Distributor, Cellular Phone Accessories Wholesale, Distribution and Design of Cell Phone Accessories they look nice. Some are just for the att. Some for both and some for just the Verizon.
Posted via Android Central App

I've bought one, it offer pretty good protection at the cost of bulk. I eventually return it because the casing rubs against the screen protector and causing the protector to be lifted up. If you don't use screen protector and want solid protection then this will do.

Concho Pete

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I have this case (white) and I am happy with it, considering the case/holster options currently available. I can also charge the phone wirelessly with this case, using the Nokia QI charger.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Still have to order a case for my G2 but I am cheap as hell when it comes to shopping for em. This Tudia Ultra Slim Melody Series looks pretty nice for the money: (Id like to preserve the slim appearance of the phone as much as possible)

Amazon.com: TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody Series TPU Protective Case for LG G2 (for Verizon ONLY) - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Does anyone own this case and if so, what do you think?

I have it it's a good case

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have it it's a good case

Cool. Would you indeed classify it as a slim fit case? Based on the pics and looking at the depth of the cuts for the camera and buttons it seems fairly thick but that could be deceiving. Would you say it *should* at least provide some drop protection? (I understand this is no otterbox so Im not looking for that level)

Last edited:

mgindi26

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Cool. Would you indeed classify it as a slim fit case? Based on the pics and looking at the depth of the cuts for the camera and buttons it seems fairly thick but that could be deceiving. Would you say it *should* at least provide some drop protection? (I understand this is no otterbox so Im not looking for that level)

I have the melody case and also a incipio dual pro. My melody case is what I would call a slim protective case. On the screen side of the phone the case is raised so hopefully on a flat surface it would be protected. On the back of the case the texture is nice and grippy. And the little circles feel good. Now the case is not paper thin. It's not just a plastic shell. Buy I don't think it added any significant bulk to the phone. I used to have a carbon fiber texture skin on my old razr maxx this looks like the it's about the thickness of a skin and a half. It feels great in my pocket. I'd say it's the thinnest you can get with any type of real protection.
BTW I have small to medium hands. I'd give the case 2 thumbs up

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Cool thx for the description! Would u happen to have a pic of the phone w the case on it? Haven't found any other than the Amazon promo shots. Thx again!

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
How does this fare with wireless charging?

I didn't see this answered but the Incipio Dual pro WORKS with wireless charging. With or without the case seems to be the same but I only did it a couple times. Its too slow when tethered or running a lot of background tasks. But thats a topic for another thread.

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I would also say it is slim. I did accidently dropped my phone about 3 feet down to concrete driveway, it had a slight scratch at the corner of the case butno damage to the phone.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Cool thx for the description! Would u happen to have a pic of the phone w the case on it? Haven't found any other than the Amazon promo shots. Thx again!

2013-10-28 10.38.23.jpg2013-10-28 10.38.58.jpg2013-10-28 10.39.15.jpg2013-10-28 10.39.24.jpg2013-10-28 10.45.24.jpg2013-10-28 10.46.11.jpg

Here are some of mine. I like it, but it didn't feel like it provided enough protection. I kept it though. At under $3 its a steal and I kinda think of it like a nighty. I put it on her around the house and for before and after bed... :p

Edit: The lighting was weird and shadowed. I added some more of top and bottom.

Last edited:

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Woah thanks much for the great pics. Looks nicer than I thought it would, just ordered one. Seems like it's something that the can easily hold me over til there s some more variety for the VZW lg2. (took a while for the DNA)

allongo

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up the defender from a verizon store. Fits great..back buttons easy to find. Slips in and out of of pocket easily. Great case.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone who has the Defender or any of the other 2 layer cases also have something like the Tudia Silicone case? If so, have you tried putting the Otterbox outer case over the Tudia silicone? Just wondering if you that might work to add new color to some of the combo cases that only come as black. I don't trust the multi-color ones from unknown sources that are on amazon and ebay.

usnret04

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Any issues with the Feather covering the Noise cancellation Mic? (just above and right of the Camera) I am seeing that most cases cover over that and not sure if it affects using the phone as an actual phone.

It looks like a lot of these cases do cover up the noise cancelling mic. The Dual Pro does not. Can others confirm TUDIA or the Incipio?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds