Cases with pen holder cover?

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got my s7+ yesterday and am trying find a specific case for it. On my s6, the case is not cut out where the s pengoes. The case itself covers the s pen completely so it won't fall off. The cover tab runs from top to bottom on the back, its about 2 inches wide. You just fold it back to remove the s pen,
So, I have looked at all the cases for the s7+, they all have a cutout around where the spen attaches. If im carrying my tablet somewhere, I don't want it falling off when it is set down or moved somewhat. The magnet that holds the spen onto the tablet is not that strong.
So the question is, has anyone found a case that completely encases the spen to keep it from falling off? It seems that the majority of the cases have a s pen holder but you can't access it if the cover is closed. Also while in the holder you can't charge it.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Are you referring to this type of case? I have been looking for that type as well because it leaves the bottom keyboard port open to connect the samsung keyboard even while in case. No such luck, as of yet.

Infiland has a folio type case that covers the spen in the back when closed, but I don't know if it leaves the keyboard port open at bottom.
07a723f13b202aade193935f4454be9a.jpg
c5a8acf43803a7632dc18d8458a70634.jpg
5c4d0b00d5bf7a3361213e10ec57649f.jpg

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes, like that. The Samsung keyboard case does cover the s pen, but I'm not looking to pay $229 to get it. Also I dont really want a keyboard.
Timovo has one that has a slot where the s pen fits into, but they only list it in the Rose color.
I can't figure out why it seems the manufacturers of these cases made them like that. I like the option of my s pen attached to the tablet and charging when its not being used, and not having to worry about it getting knocked loose.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I want magnetic and pen cover... and light (like I had for the S6). So I will wait. Maybe for a long time :)

Last edited:

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, like that. The Samsung keyboard case does cover the s pen, but I'm not looking to pay $229 to get it. Also I dont really want a keyboard.
Timovo has one that has a slot where the s pen fits into, but they only list it in the Rose color.
I can't figure out why it seems the manufacturers of these cases made them like that. I like the option of my s pen attached to the tablet and charging when its not being used, and not having to worry about it getting knocked loose.

Are u talking about this one? I have it and it's trash... Imo. I reviewed it. The wake/sleep function doesn't work and it doesn't fit well.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FHP53B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6864356

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The tab is pushed in as far as it goes.

And the SPen is so tightly held by the elastic on the back, I feel like I'm gonna scratch the paint off while trying to grip it to pull it out. However, I'd rather that than lose it so...

Attachments

• 1081.jpg
    1081.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 43

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought this one to use until my keyboard case comes in. I'm very satisfied with it. The pen can be stored at the bottom and can't get lost. It doesn't charge when stored there, but I never use it for anything that requires Bluetooth so that doesn't bother me.SmartSelect_20201007-225535_Amazon%20Shopping.jpeg

Apple2Droid

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
For those of you worried about the S-Pen loosing charge if cases store it away from the charging strip, I read yesterday that it takes all of 5 minutes to charge it from 0-100%, which seems rather remarkable.

Jobijoe

May 5, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I really am interested in something like that. did you find anything compatible with the samsung keyboard? Is that what you've got on the second picture? Thank you

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
For those of you worried about the S-Pen loosing charge if cases store it away from the charging strip, I read yesterday that it takes all of 5 minutes to charge it from 0-100%, which seems rather remarkable.

On the other side of the equation, what happens if you leave it sitting on a shelf for a few months without charging it at all? I don't use it that often.