Certain applications fail to connect to internet

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've got 5 bars and, at home, a strong Wi-Fi signal. Firefox and all Google apps are working as expected, Facebook is fine and NOAA weather as well. My banking software, Boost (Reddit app), Spotify, Pandora, and Netflix all claim there is no network/internet connection. All of the websites for these apps work in browser. I've tried checking my date/time, resetting all network settings, resetting all app permissions, adding power saving exceptions, trying with my VPN (Surfshark) on, and of course, restarting my phone. Nothing helped in the slightest. This has been happening for about 1 week now and started while I was just using Boost normally. Wanted to load the next page, then bam, no connection all of a sudden and none since.

My phone is a Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact running Android 9.

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In case this is a glitch with a recent Android System Webview update, try uninstalling all updates to Chrome (in Pie, Chrome does the job of Android System Webview) and see if that helps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Try turning on Airplane Mode, then turn wi-fi back on, and see if it works on your home wi-fi network. This will turn off your cell radio, in case there's something with the mobile data connection that's fouling things up.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It sounds like the next step might be a factory reset.:-\

Yep that's what I was thinking... there comes a point when you've tried all the simple things, and it's just not worth the continuing frustration :(

One plus is the factory reset will most likely fix the issue, and make the phone run better overall... like a good tuneup :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa Oliver