Change the Nexus 4 back glass to this ??

ccgabe

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If you don't like the glass, just put a case on it. I have a black Nikken case and it barely ads anything to the size of the phone and it feels great. It also offers decent protection. I just wish it better covered the top and bottom of the phone..

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Whilst I think the Nexus 4 is not a very pretty phone, making out of the rubber you lot suggest would have made it much worse. The Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 are incredibly ugly tablets relative to the competition and what we need is for google and other Android manufacturers to up the glass/metal usage, not decrease it.

I personally think the Nexus 7 looks quite nice and sophisticated, especially compared to the white plastic look of the Samsung tablets that give off a toy vibe. I think the back sort of looks and definitely feels similar to leather. I have seen multiple businessmen carrying around their Nexus 7's and they look like a pretty sophisticated and almost businesslike tablet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
People questioned the durability of the iPhone 4 back and that held up very well for two generations of the device line.
I had an iphone 4 in my pocket for 2 years and it still looks fantastic (like the 3GS I had for the year before that). I had a Nexus 4 in my pocket for 1 hour on the 1st day I got it and then this happened http://i.imgur.com/R2LxggV.jpg. Did not drop it, bump it, or fall over etc.

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I think that Google should have used the same manufacturer all the way across the bar. Made all nexus devices have similar design language. Recognizable...

ccgabe

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I have had my N-4 since NY eve and no problems with the glass so far. I think tough plastic materials beats everything for durability. It doesn't break, doesn't crack and unlike metal it doesn't dent. Just my humble opinion.

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think that Google should have used the same manufacturer all the way across the bar. Made all nexus devices have similar design language. Recognizable...

I agree completely. If you looked at the backs my nexus 4 and nexus 7 side by side (and covered up the nexus logo) you would have no idea they were sold under the same name. And the nexus 10 looks even more different. The one thing I will say is that Google at least tried to keep the front of the devices similar looking. The nexus 4 and 7 both follow that "simplistic no button black slab" design, while the nexus 10 looks different in that category as well. If Google wants the nexus line to be recognizable, they need to stay consistent with the design.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemal