Changing App Drawer

jeffnucci

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
So, I've been helping a few of you out around here, I need a favor returned. After running the Nexus Droid rom for a couple weeks I am content. It's stable and awesome. However I'm sick of the buggy Launcher. Is there a way to go back to the old app drawer without flashing a new rom? I've got everything else exactly how I want it.

EDIT: I should add: I'd like to keep the 5 home screens but change the launcher back to the app drawer.
EDIT2: This doesn't necessarily mean I want a customized ROM, I just want a 2.1 ROM with the 2.0.1 Launcher, I can always reflash the overclock and the multitouch stuff and the wi-fi kernel fix
EDIT3: 76 views and counting!?!?!?! Am I just freakin' crazy? Does no one have any thoughts or ideas?

Last edited:

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know ur gonna have to do a different rom. Most of the roms people install r trying to get the app drawer u have not the other way around. I recommend going to the smoked glass rom. Runs really nice and has the sliding app drawer.

MCOG47

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man.. the app drawer is something that cant be tampered with, without having access to the rom.. so u'll have to build and install a new rom... but if you arent pleased with bugss (which no one is) i would recomend Getting a nandroid backup into Bugless Beast.. it is haz the 3d gallery, higher quality, and multitouch gallery maps and browser, and is speedy like hell video and comes with a overclock to 950mhz ... =D if anything else just ask..
Bugless Beast + 950 Mhz = Light Speed

Last edited:

PITTSBURGHkid83

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I was able to change my app drawer back to 2.0.1 go to settings>applications>manage apps>onc eyou are there hit the menu button and filter all then go to launcher and clear defaults (both of them) then it prompted me to select a launcher like when I first rooted but this was sholes 2.0.3 so I doubt this will help