Charging cradle for Droid MAXX?

BillDennes

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Where can I learn about wireless charging for the Droid MAXX?
Does "any old cradle" work?
What do these things cost?
Where do ya get 'em?
:+)

kckadow

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't find any specs on the standard the Maxx will use. Wireless charging is prominently mentioned in the official specs on droiddoes.com, but no details and no wireless charger in their accessories announced. I'm hoping it's Qi compatible as I purchased one from Samsung. Another source had a coupon code RV18623 that worked on Samsung's website for 50% off so it was $25 plus a couple bucks for shipping. It's for the GS4, but works on Nexus 7 (2013). Have to register on Samsung to use the code, but worth it. http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/3...ss-charging-pad-with-this-coupon/#more-115795

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I can't find any specs on the standard the Maxx will use. Wireless charging is prominently mentioned in the official specs on droiddoes.com, but no details and no wireless charger in their accessories announced. I'm hoping it's Qi compatible as I purchased one from Samsung. Another source had a coupon code RV18623 that worked on Samsung's website for 50% off so it was $25 plus a couple bucks for shipping. It's for the GS4, but works on Nexus 7 (2013). Have to register on Samsung to use the code, but worth it. http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/3...ss-charging-pad-with-this-coupon/#more-115795

The Droid Maxx and Mini will use Qi technology. The Droid Ultra and X doesn't support wireless charging.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Can't see what's wrong with USB charging...

It is not as cool . . ..

Seriously though, I have had USB connections wear out and the charging becomes difficult. Setting it on a pad will make sure the wired charging is there when I need it, and it is slightly easier if it is wireless.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Good point! They can get a bit loose over time...and hanging from the bottom in the truck, they might fall out...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone think the Moto announcement (other than the "X") caught everyone by surprise?? There are no cases, no nothing for the Droid Maxx anywhere. If you google Droid Maxx, all you get is Razr Maxx/Razr Maxx HD! Very confusing. Moto needs some new names. BUT there are already cases for the upcoming "x". Go figure.

mistermojorizin

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
what's the allure of wireless charging? I have wireless charging on my rooted hp touchpad - bought in 2011 for $100 (so wireless doesn't have the cool new tech allure). i put it on there for a few hours once a week, then take it off so as not to ruin the battery (so i can't just keep in dock mode withot extra heat that hurts battery over time). my gnex gets the usb charger every night as it sleeps in my bed (sleep as an android is one of my favorite apps).

am I missing something?

Cincybearcatfan

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The allure is my Gnex's charging port started being wonky about two months ago. It would charge sometimes, wouldn't charge sometimes and now if I pull the charger out of it, it still reads that it's charging and the screen keeps coming back on. Wireless charging will eliminate the number of times I actually have to plug a charger in the bottom extending the life of the port.

I think it could be better than sliced bread, but then again I used to think Google Wallet was too. It's not.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging could also be nice for a device you use sporadically, so you can pick it up, set it down, pick it up, set it down...

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I corrected that in a later post. I probably should have edited my original post to show that. :D

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Verizon will have the standard high gloss silicon cases, carbon fiber cases, the shell holster, three colors of Commuter cases, three colors of Defender cases, some Incipio Dual Pro variations as well as the Incipio Atlas waterproof case all for the Max, Ultra and Mini. There will also be a Moto designed wireless charger for the phone but any Qi pad will work.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will have the standard high gloss silicon cases, carbon fiber cases, the shell holster, three colors of Commuter cases, three colors of Defender cases, some Incipio Dual Pro variations as well as the Incipio Atlas waterproof case all for the Max, Ultra and Mini. There will also be a Moto designed wireless charger for the phone but any Qi pad will work.

Posted via Android Central App

I'll need to pick up a case to hold me over until the CruzerLite comes out. Also going to have to check out the wireless charges.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it could be better than sliced bread, but then again I used to think Google Wallet was too. It's not.

I use Google Wallet so much. Way faster than swiping my card and entering a pin. I just wish more places used NFC payments. Maybe once Isis gets more mainstream/when the iPhone gets it maybe more people would use Wallet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malit