Checked the ATT website @ midnight EDT

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
But if you switch to Verizon, aren't you going to have to get a tiered data plan as well?

Yes I will, but at least I'll have ICS. I'm just trying to weigh pros and cons, and the unlimited data plan is what has been keeping me on AT&T when Verizon provides better coverage in the area where I recently moved.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
terefel--barring any any delays (you never know with carriers), I would expect the Skyrocket to get ICS early 2012, which would even the comparison, or in some ways, tip it over the Nexus. Maybe I need to have my brother-in-law check if his part of CA has the $149 price. The midwest is getting hosed on deals!

Edit: if the Galaxy Nexus made its way to ATT, that would make it an interesting choice for me. :D

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the deal thing is really bizarre. It said 249 for LA, then I clicked to an OC zip and it said 149, and when I went back to an LA zip it said 149. Who knows what's going on.

And when skyrocket goes ICS, you're right it could tip the scales. But we also haven't seen gallery comparisons that I've seen, plus the big chipset debate. :D

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
^^^If it shows now as $149, I'd pull the trigger if I were you! ;)

I'm holding out until later this month when the Galaxy Nexus debuts, and see if it comes out for more carriers than just Verizon. BTW, Best Buy has a deal (thru Tuesday) where if you get a phone, you get 5000 reward points, equivalent to $100 in savings.

erzhik

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think $150 is based on LTE service.. I am in Boston, and LTE went live here today but the price is $250 for the phone. It might be based on something else or it could've been a mistake.

Last edited:

terefel

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
It still says 250 on the main screen with all the other phones, but when you click on the skyrocket details it shows and applies a $100 online discount... for me anyway

EDIT: yeah ATT is still screwing with me. It says 150 under my zip code until I actually login, then it says 250 again.

Last edited:

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried what you did, and no tricks when I did it. BTW, Walmart.com has it at $199.99 if you renew your contract, which is $50 less than the ATT site. Went by Best Buy, but they didn't have any in stock (which is odd) at that location. Amazon doesn't have a price showing yet.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I ordered it today over the internet. Showed up as $250 with an upgrade. I bought it outright because I lose my unlimited plan if I use a subsidized upgrade. They already have some cases on AT&T's site.

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I ordered it today over the internet. Showed up as $250 with an upgrade. I bought it outright because I lose my unlimited plan if I use a subsidized upgrade. They already have some cases on AT&T's site.

I'm confused. Did you pay $250 or pay ~$600?
Because you do not lose your unlimited plan by going with the $250 (or $149 depending on location) upgrade option.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz