Chrome crypto-news pop up

Ryandet

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I keep getting chrome pop ups for crypto currency sites. My pop up blocker is turned on and I have run multiple virus scanning apps and all have come back with no viruses. Does anyone have any issues what I'm dealing with here?

Jpyellow

Jan 10, 2019
Visit site
I keep getting chrome pop ups for crypto currency sites. My pop up blocker is turned on and I have run multiple virus scanning apps and all have come back with no viruses. Does anyone have any issues what I'm dealing with here?

Same here, im guessing but it has something to do with one of your apps you have downloaded, you have to uninstall it, figure out which one it is. Mines keep going to crytocurrency news, It happens when you have a Browser Based App Open or in the background. But remember hurry up and close out of that website cuz they could be mining your phone making your battery die quickly or run slower

Ryandet

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I deleted the only app I had recently downloaded, but that hasn't fixed the problem. I really don't want to do a factory reset, so if there are any other apps or anything that could fix this, that would be awesome!

FantasticBaby

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site

OMG I thought I was the only one! Anyone know of any way to fix this???

napatlism

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site
Omg I am going through this too!! It comes with one of my app that I had downloaded. I deleted it. But the ads still pops up. It's so annoying!

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
First, clear the cache partition and reboot. If it still pops up, check the settings, battery usage, and see if it triggered the offending app. If not place in Safe mode and confirm it is a 3rd party app. If no pop-up in safe mode, start deleting apps until you find the culprit. You might also benefit from buying Norton, Symantec or other virus tools. Good luck.

santaistanbul

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site
I found an answer on internet. There is a program called Addons Detector. I downloaded it. I scan my device. In the list of apps I've searched leadbolt there. And I saw that "Save and Repost Instagram" app has it. And I remove that app. Try to find yours :) Good Luck!

Ryandet

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I found an answer on internet. There is a program called Addons Detector. I downloaded it. I scan my device. In the list of apps I've searched leadbolt there. And I saw that "Save and Repost Instagram" app has it. And I remove that app. Try to find yours :) Good Luck!

I have that app! Well, not anymore... I just deleted it. Thank you so much!

2013_h

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site

Me tooooo!
Amd I think this problem I got on my phone is because of it. listen to this, Its like an other screen on the screen. Its white and I cant touch or see anything. Its like it has frozen. But i can se the slites bit of the screen on top. Like where the battery prosent showes. i have tried to turn it of and on and all that it still the same. Im waiting for the battery to shut down. Maybe it will work than? It havent had any problems befor. I charged it this morning for a little bit, than the light on the screen was twitching. And it stopped. Than when I was watching youtube and I flipped the screen, hirozontally, it was twiching again. Than I turned it back againt, it stopped. So when I turn the screen back to horizontal. It happend again. i turned it back. And after a couple of secound the screen wouldnt work. And now its stuck like that. :((((. And also Randomly the other day a new site on google chrome would pop up, while I was watchingyoutube. And it said cryptos security FBA, secure your divice and something like that I didnt read it I exited and it would pop up like 10-15 min appart. ... please help

I found an answer on internet. There is a program called Addons Detector. I downloaded it. I scan my device. In the list of apps I've searched leadbolt there. And I saw that "Save and
Repost Instagram" app has it. And I remove that app. Try to find yours :)

Good Luck!

Omg!!!! Thats why I get notifications from the instagram save thing app, I never use it, but I get so many notifications from it. i didnt even think of deliting it. But now my phone is ruined. It dosent work. The screen is white. i can only see a little bit of the screen. On the top where the battery shows. Om I am freking out, and dont now what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Me tooooo!
Amd I think this problem I got on my phone is because of it. listen to this, Its like an other screen on the screen. Its white and I cant touch or see anything. Its like it has frozen. But i can se the slites bit of the screen on top. Like where the battery prosent showes. i have tried to turn it of and on and all that it still the same. Im waiting for the battery to shut down. Maybe it will work than? It havent had any problems befor. I charged it this morning for a little bit, than the light on the screen was twitching. And it stopped. Than when I was watching youtube and I flipped the screen, hirozontally, it was twiching again. Than I turned it back againt, it stopped. So when I turn the screen back to horizontal. It happend again. i turned it back. And after a couple of secound the screen wouldnt work. And now its stuck like that. :((((. And also Randomly the other day a new site on google chrome would pop up, while I was watchingyoutube. And it said cryptos security FBA, secure your divice and something like that I didnt read it I exited and it would pop up like 10-15 min appart. ... please help
Don't wait for the battery to die. Follow my post from above and read the posts below where they solved their issues.

Sabrina 2

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site

Took it off and so far so good. THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH! I was losing my mind!

xtinayen

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site
Like the person above me, I also used addons detector and it gave me a list of apps that were sending me pop up ads. "Save and Repost Instagram" was also one of the apps I deleted and I haven't received a single pop up since!!

Leigha Russo

Jan 12, 2019
Visit site
Just deleted that app hopefully no more pop ups.

I can't seem to find the same save and repost app that I had on the playstore anymore, hopefully it's been taken down.

fabfun

Jan 12, 2019
Visit site
Just deleted that app hopefully no more pop ups.

I can't seem to find the same save and repost app that I had on the playstore anymore, hopefully it's been taken down.

I have been having the same problem, Verizon and Samsung were both unable to help. I just deleted that app as well, fingers crossed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe