Chrome vs stock browser battery consumption?

muwu

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm planning to get the Note 4 later his year, I'll be coming from the Nexus 4 and this will be the first time I'll be using any Samsung device. One of the things that is bad about my Nexus 4 right now is the battery usage of Chrome, I can go from 100% to 0 in a 2-3 hours if I constantly use Chrome, and it also causes the device to heat up significantly. So, I'd like to know, is there any strong battery consumption with Chrome on the Note 4? Is there a significant difference between it and the stock browser? How much of a typical toll does internet activities like browsing/facebook/twitter/youtube have on the battery as a whole?

Also, coming from pure android, I'm using Google apps for everything, are there Samsung apps that you find better than Google apps?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Chrome vs stock browser battery consumption

1) I use the Atlas Web Browser for anything fast. It's fast and doesn't use much battery. For serious work I use Firefox.

2) I use mostly Google apps (Play, Voice, Maps) and don't use any Samsung apps. I find MyDirections almost essential for using Maps, but there's no Samsung nav app.

3) I consider TouchWiz to be awful (and that's being nice), so I always put Nova Launcher on a phone before I start using it.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Chrome vs stock browser battery consumption

Note 4 has a SuperAMOLED screen, which consumes less battery when displaying dark colors.

Use firefox with black background & white text addon, this will display most website background in pure black. This should save you a bundle in the battery department.

Use Here Map for map and navigation, Here map has a night mode. Because you can also download the map (each state, entire USA, entire NA, entire country of any other continent) for offline use, it will consume much much less battery since no data transmission is needed.

You can still use everything google on Note 4. I just don't like personally, for privacy concerns.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onais