Class 4 micSD??

cigman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've got a class 4 16gb Sandisk micro-sd, got it on sale at radioshack a few months back. Works great, and am using the ext2sd functionality with a 4gb partition with no problems.

Invincible Madness

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks much guys. I thought the same but a clarification always helps :)

So, does all the classes work on our phones or is there a max limit? Like laptops USB has a limit right?

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
there is no max speed that will not work, it will just be like driving your racecar down a city street... you can't see what it can do.

the opposite would be driving your <insert crappy car name here> on the autobahn, you'll notice some performance issues.

the only reason no to get faster cards is cost and availability. i haven't seen a class 10 32GB uSD yet.

anyway, if you are running data2ext class 4 is recommended as the minimum. (last i heard anyway)
if you transfer a lot of files around, you may want to buy the speed as well.
if you just want a lot of storage to listen to music, speed isn't important.

size-wise the devices do have a limit.

bweb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Oooh, I have!
Got one in her now!
Not much faster in the opti...
Loads faster in the desktop

brand does matter, check the newegg reviews for example. there were a few i was looking at where nearly half of the reviews were from people saying their card died within a couple months.

On3wheels

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The class is basically the MINIMUM write speed. Which is kinda odd but works in the consumers favor. and better brands are usually classed lower. I have a class 4 8gb Kingston that has never tested lower than 6Mb/s and as high as 9. But my class 10, same size, pny was a 20 dollar best buy special and tests consistently at 10 to 11 Mb/s. probably a hardware limitation but spending 10 bucks for an 8 gig class 4 that performs almost as well as a10 seems better than 20 bucks for a10 that only meets minimum requirements.....

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk