Clean cache

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Is there a Samsung cache cleaning application that does the same thing as holding down the power key, volume key and home keys together? Thanks.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
No. I was just looking for a shortcut to the process. If I can use a utility for the process, it would make it easier than pressing 3 keys. I'm just lazy.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you have a 3rd party launcher that supports it, you can add a shortcut to the Settings. It's an option in the Storage Settings. You tap on 'Cahced Data' and it prompts you to clear cache.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
No. I was just looking for a shortcut to the process. If I can use a utility for the process, it would make it easier than pressing 3 keys. I'm just lazy.

That process is the first step to wipe the cache partition and booting into recovery mode as Golfdriver asked. Do you mean that? That's recommended after a system update or if you are having some problems with your phone. You don't need to do that on a regular basis. As far as I know there's no way to create a shortcut for that as you need to switch your phone off before.

If you mean clearing the cache for all your apps you can try SpookDroid instructions, but they are different processes.

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Clearing cache :

Turn off mobile,
Hold these buttons :

Power On, Home Button, Volume Up button ( Hold till you see a blue text above your phone ).
Then go to Clear Cache Partitation , confirm with power button and reboot your phone..