Cleaning up memory

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Okay so just out of curiosity what is everyone's habits for cleaning up memory on the Moto X? For example, no matter what memory size you have 16 gig or 32 gig when you go into settings and then storage do you dump your cache and your temporary files and clean up every now and then or just leave it there? I have noticed though that when I cleaned up my cache memory, and then going to my photo gallery it says no external memory available doesn't let me view my photos unless I reboot my phone completely. Kind of weird.

Posted via Android Central App

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't have a Moto X but I use all in one toolbox & SD maid pro. It cleans all of that stuff out, & I clean the cache partition out once a week.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay so just out of curiosity what is everyone's habits for cleaning up memory on the Moto X? For example, no matter what memory size you have 16 gig or 32 gig when you go into settings and then storage do you dump your cache and your temporary files and clean up every now and then or just leave it there? I have noticed though that when I cleaned up my cache memory, and then going to my photo gallery it says no external memory available doesn't let me view my photos unless I reboot my phone completely. Kind of weird.

16GB. I just leave it there unless I am on an extended crazy photo shoot with my phone or something and need memory badly. Very, very rarely.

And, yes, if you clean your cache you clean all the cached thumbnails of your gallery, but no one tells the poor gallery so it has to rescan the memory and rebuild the thumbnails, which happens periodically but always happens at a reboot. Quite a few apps misbehave when you "rip" what they stashed in memory away from them. Probably best to always just reboot after you clear cache, if you feel the need to do so.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
16GB. I just leave it there unless I am on an extended crazy photo shoot with my phone or something and need memory badly. Very, very rarely.

And, yes, if you clean your cache you clean all the cached thumbnails of your gallery, but no one tells the poor gallery so it has to rescan the memory and rebuild the thumbnails, which happens periodically but always happens at a reboot. Quite a few apps misbehave when you "rip" what they stashed in memory away from them. Probably best to always just reboot after you clear cache, if you feel the need to do so.

Well as your pearly could tell by now I'm anal about keeping my phones memory absolutely clean even though I have the 32 gig Moto X. I have 20 .3 4 gigs available what you I mean I think my best practice in the future it's going to be clearing the cache, rebooting a phone, then I should be good to go for cleaning up my memory

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well as your pearly could tell by now I'm anal about keeping my phones memory absolutely clean even though I have the 32 gig Moto X. I have 20 .3 4 gigs available what you I mean I think my best practice in the future it's going to be clearing the cache, rebooting a phone, then I should be good to go for cleaning up my memory

Your call. The data is cached to your phone to cut down on radio and battery use by downloading or reconstructing something again. It's like the memory optimizers and task killers of the pre-FroYo days, they aren't really necessary but if the numbers are important to you, have at it.

If you clean out the cache, it's probably good practice to reboot.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01