clockworkmod loop

rekcahtnitsud

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
ok i was a dumbass and rooted my v and installed a rom when i first got it. everything was fine but i did a factory reset from the settings menu and now my phone is stuck in a clockworkmod loop. i flashed the new clockworkmod and installed 2.3 gingerbread using aospCMod-OV-20110307-signed and gapps-gb-20110307-signed. i tried every thread i can find and tried adb to flash xionia. nothing is working. can anyone tell me how to uninstall everything including clockworkmod recovery?

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
ok i was a dumbass and rooted my v and installed a rom when i first got it. everything was fine but i did a factory reset from the settings menu and now my phone is stuck in a clockworkmod loop. i flashed the new clockworkmod and installed 2.3 gingerbread using aospCMod-OV-20110307-signed and gapps-gb-20110307-signed. i tried every thread i can find and tried adb to flash xionia. nothing is working. can anyone tell me how to uninstall everything including clockworkmod recovery?

Is it just going to recovery or is it loading up the recovery and after a few secs it reboots and starts all over again?

Also don't use the new version of CWM to flash ROMS for the V its borked a lot of V's around here

rekcahtnitsud

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Is it just going to recovery or is it loading up the recovery and after a few secs it reboots and starts all over again?

Also don't use the new version of CWM to flash ROMS for the V its borked a lot of V's around here
yeah i found that out now lol. it just stays in clockwork until i restart it. it just always boots into recovery no matter what i do

rekcahtnitsud

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
ok to edit my last post it only does it with clockworkmod installed. i can do the xionia patch and it boots up but each time i shut the phone off it does a factory reset so if it dies or i restart the phone it erases everything every time.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Can you elaborate on how CWM borked a lot of V's? I used CWM 3.2.0.1 just fine to flash & upgrade IHO CM7.1 builds. From all the posts about being in a CWM recovery loop, it's because the user did a 'factory reset' in the Android settings, which is one of those NO-NOs, not a fault of the recovery. Xionia recovery has a feature to fix things once a user is in that state, but itself doesn't do a thorough wipe of Optimus V's ROMs like CWM does. So the only reason I see for installing Xionia recovery is if one is trying to get out of a recovery bootloop or trying to flash Harmonia ROM. For everything else CWM 3.2.0.1+ is recommended for the Optimus V.

Last edited:

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
When ROM Manager first became available for the V it had a lot of issues. Most of those have now been fixed. It still is not recommended for flashing or downloading roms from the app, but the CWM recovery installation is now working fine. As for the CWM recovery from ROM Manager, flashing of cm7 roms, backup and restore seem to work fine. I have loaded it and not had any problems. Most people are still going with the warnings from when it first added support for the V, it did cause quite a few problems.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The problem with flashing a rom with Rom Manager is simply this, GB roms like CM7 cant include the gapps because of a licensing issue. So you have to flash the rom then the gapps.zip to be able to have the market and other google apps. Rom manager doesnt know if the rom has gapps or not and only flashes the .zip file the rom is in. Therefore when you boot up you end up without gapps and the ability to get the market and install the google services needed.

The other issues people were having are related to user error. There was a release of CWM recovery that was not working right on all phones but it was taken down as soon as Koush found out and replaced with the fixed version. You should not hold that against the man as people make mistakes and with the amount of phones supported officially and unofficially there is bound to be problems.

Reactions: Whyzor

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
ok to edit my last post it only does it with clockworkmod installed. i can do the xionia patch and it boots up but each time i shut the phone off it does a factory reset so if it dies or i restart the phone it erases everything every time.

You may not be permanently rooted. Try using gingerbreak to root.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I used it a couple of times to flash CWM 3.2.0.1 and have no issues with 3.2.0.1 which is needed for the new (CM7)-IHO ROM's. Ran the fix permissions option and didn't have any problem with that. I also use it to Delete backups. Hey Eollie, what else did you say it could do with the "V" ? Can you backup current ROM ? Can you partition the SD card? I noticed it didn't have a wipe option for cache partition or Dalvik cache which would be great if flashing a kernel or theme from the SD card.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I used it a couple of times to flash CWM 3.2.0.1 and have no issues with 3.2.0.1 which is needed for the new (CM7)-IHO ROM's. Ran the fix permissions option and didn't have any problem with that. I also use it to Delete backups. Hey Eollie, what else did you say it could do with the "V" ? Can you backup current ROM ? Can you partition the SD card? I noticed it didn't have a wipe option for cache partition or Dalvik cache which would be great if flashing a kernel or theme from the SD card.

You can partion the SD card, I use it for link2sd

Reactions: AndyOpie150

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
You should get a option to wipe dalvik and cache.
If you click on install rom it will open a screen showing your sdcard. Once you select the zip it will pop-up asking what all you want to do IE: back-up rom, wipe data and cache, and wipe dalvik.

You should be able to do all of that. It also give you the option to rename roms.

rekcahtnitsud

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
You may not be permanently rooted. Try using gingerbreak to root.
ok tried gingerbreak and it restarted my phone ever time and still it doent boot into recovery with xionia it does a factory reset and boots into c7. i tried superoneclick and tried to unroot phone but no luck, program froze everytime. can anyone tell me how to unroot my phone and get it all to stock?

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
ok tried gingerbreak and it restarted my phone ever time and still it doent boot into recovery with xionia it does a factory reset and boots into c7. i tried superoneclick and tried to unroot phone but no luck, program froze everytime. can anyone tell me how to unroot my phone and get it all to stock?

I'm assuming since gingerbreak rebooted your phone, you've successfully rooted. To boot into recovery mode, you have to turn off the phone, then hold vol-down, home, & power until LG logo (at least for CWM recovery). Or in adb shell 'reboot recovery'. Maybe someone else knows the key sequence to boot into xionia recovery.

The only reason to unroot & restore to stock would be to sell it or to send it into VM/LG to fix. Otherwise you can keep root, and boot into the recovery to flash a new ROM, backup/restore ROMs...etc. If you really want to use the stock VM rom, flash a stock ROM from recovery.

rekcahtnitsud

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming since gingerbreak rebooted your phone, you've successfully rooted. To boot into recovery mode, you have to turn off the phone, then hold vol-down, home, & power until LG logo (at least for CWM recovery). Or in adb shell 'reboot recovery'. Maybe someone else knows the key sequence to boot into xionia recovery.

The only reason to unroot & restore to stock would be to sell it or to send it into VM/LG to fix. Otherwise you can keep root, and boot into the recovery to flash a new ROM, backup/restore ROMs...etc. If you really want to use the stock VM rom, flash a stock ROM from recovery.
thats just it, noone will tell me how to get into xionia recovery. and in adb it says command not valid or something.

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
When the phone is off, hold down the home, volume down and power button will boot you into recovery. Hopefully it is Xionia your booting into. It should say on the bottom of the screen once your in recovery. I've read another post where they had CWM recovery installed and trying to flash the Xionia recovery from there sd card but it wouldn't work until they wiped the cache and Dalvik Cache. Only then did the Xionia recovery flash take. Then they was able to use the boot loop option and fix the phone.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
When the phone is off, hold down the home, volume down and power button will boot you into recovery. Hopefully it is Xionia your booting into. It should say on the bottom of the screen once your in recovery. I've read another post where they had CWM recovery installed and trying to flash the Xionia recovery from there sd card but it wouldn't work until they wiped the cache and Dalvik Cache. Only then did the Xionia recovery flash take. Then they was able to use the boot loop option and fix the phone.
I'm glade you explained that to the OP. I seemed to miss what they really needed until your post. I should have caught that sooner. Glade you did(Have you seen my Brain laying around anywhere,DUUH have ya. It's name is Abie Normal).

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm glade you explained that to the OP. I seemed to miss what they really needed until your post. I should have caught that sooner. Glade you did(Have you seen my Brain laying around anywhere,DUUH have ya. It's name is Abie Normal).

LOL, yeah Young Frankenstein was a great movie. Of course I've been searching for mine for years!!

OP, You need Xionia in order to fix the boot loop problem. I tried finding that post again and no luck. If just wiping those two doesn't work, try wiping everything like your installing a new ROM,.. wiping and format. I remember they stated when they flashed Xionia, it said it flashed but when they rebooted... it was still CWM recovery until they wiped that.

rekcahtnitsud

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
LOL, yeah Young Frankenstein was a great movie. Of course I've been searching for mine for years!!

OP, You need Xionia in order to fix the boot loop problem. I tried finding that post again and no luck. If just wiping those two doesn't work, try wiping everything like your installing a new ROM,.. wiping and format. I remember they stated when they flashed Xionia, it said it flashed but when they rebooted... it was still CWM recovery until they wiped that.
ok thanks so much for those last posts. i wiped and formatted everything and installed xionia and took the extra step and installed the stock rom. boot loop gone, phone working like new and the world looks good again lol. 3 days to fix but at least its done now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers