CM7 for EVO 3D Alpha

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Definitely something to keep an eye on. I rely on my phone to much to use an Alpha, but I am always game for trying something new. I have never owned a phone that had Cyanogen support. Can't wait to see what it runs like on my 3D.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Its pretty cool but certainly alpha grade. Has a few minor bugs, no 3D capabilities, no 4G WiMax, No bluetooth.

Other than that I think they are off to a GREAT start!

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I used cm7 on my og evo, loved it, but definitely won't be jumping into it on the 3D until they have most of those features working. Phone is running too good with clean ROM to switch :)

huskers15

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
My battery stats were messed up on cm7. Everytime I restart the phone it went back to 99. Wasn't showing the true paercentage of my battery.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Pull the battery, try again, if that doesn't work, try re-wiping and flashing. Did you do a full factory reset? I think all traces of Sense need to be gone before installing CM7.

bbarend

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
CM for the EVO 3D seems to have come to a grinding halt. Personally I like sense and CleanROM, but I like to tinker. So far CM has been a let down.

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I figured they'd be further along 4 months in than they are now. I hope the 3D or 4G isn't holding it up. At this point I'm fine having a CM7 port that doesn't use 3D at all, I mostly just want to have a functional phone that gets rid of sense 100%

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I loved it on my Evo 4g, but I just cannot give up wimax. I live in an area that is well covered and use it all the time. But if the 4g issues get worked out I will jump right back into bed with CM7. 3D is not as important to me.

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
CM for the EVO 3D seems to have come to a grinding halt. Personally I like sense and CleanROM, but I like to tinker. So far CM has been a let down.

Screaming halt is an understatement. Looks like toast is taking his ball playing elsewhere.

wait, wtf happened?!? I was really hoping to get to try this out.

Though, I've noticed a good number of the roms break caller ID (have to unlock to see). This is a huge deal breaker for me =/ Was hoping to try the always recommended CM.

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I feel like the devs jumped ship on the 3vo to a degree. Its quite upsetting. Guess ill need to learn to dev ...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The thread is closed because people were whining and ing and then even arguing about stuff that had nothing to do with CM7, so they wiped those posts and locked it.

At the CM forums they said development is still ongoing. I'm tired of waiting for a ROM that's built from ASOP so I'm probably just going to sell the phone.

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I believe it depends on coverage in your area. If a person is in a good 3G coverage area then these ROMS work well for them. Or maybe they don't get 4G anyway. I do have 4G, but my 3G is pretty darned good. I realize speed tests don't mean a whole lot, because real life usage is what matters, but this is what I just got doing a speedtest on 3G. Not bad for a Saturday evening :)

2011-11-11_17-53-51.jpg