CMDA ONLY Won't Stay ON

dakkiy

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Everyday I have to go the Network Mode and change it from CMDA / LTE to CDMA Only. It keeps changing on it's own to CMDA / LTE and that sh*t is draining my battery.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Everyday I have to go the Network Mode and change it from CMDA / LTE to CDMA Only. It keeps changing on it's own to CMDA / LTE and that sh*t is draining my battery.

Strange, I turned mine off on day one, and it is still off five days later and across several charges and even reboots (fast and slow boot- was testing something else).

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Interesting...Just checked mine and it had switched back too lol...Switched it back to CDMA Only...let's see how long it takes to switch back

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-

Krasin

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Same here... It explains why my battery took a nosedive the past few days. I wonder why it changes back.

dakkiy

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with Sprint via Chat...
"Pam G.: The device changes its settings according to the coverage and device compatibility"

I called Sprint Technical Support: The representative recommends to get it diagnosed by a Sprint Repair Center because it's not suppose to do that on it's own.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Wow. After reading this I checked mine and sure enough, it had changed back to Lte/cdma. I wonder if it happens when I let the battery go dead?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ItsMeCD

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine is still set to CDMA only as well.

Commonalities?

In use less than 24 hours
Charged overnight
Battery pop up at 5% yesterday so it hasn't been "drained" completely

Anyone else?

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if when you update a prl or profile it switches back? After I got off the phone with tech today it was back to cdma and LTE...

-Sent from my US Customs Edition EVO 4G LTE-

dakkiy

May 28, 2012
Visit site
When I do a Profile or PRL update switches the CDMA only to CDMA / LTE.
I finished speaking with Customer Service again, and he stated its a known issue and working closely with HTC to the fix the issue.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
When I do a Profile or PRL update switches the CDMA only to CDMA / LTE.
I finished speaking with Customer Service again, and he stated its a known issue and working closely with HTC to the fix the issue.

When I performed a PRL update, it did not switch to CDMA/LTE. I have never tried a Profile update, however.

hypercubexl

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone done a quantitative test of battery life with and without it on? I didn't notice it had also switched back on me, I still got 35 hours out of a charge with an average mix of standby/usage.

Is it really an extra drain when there is no LTE to use, or is that a perception from how badly 4G and 4G "hunting" effected the OG EVO?

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
After rechecking this, you are correct. It is a profile update. I usually do one after I do a PRL. I just did a profile update only and it made it switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret