Cold As Ice working on Optimus V!

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
distracting waste of data and time from my experience with this one. installed rom,gapps..booted up...issues,booted to recovery and installed kernel and button fix,rebooted to ics..constant reboots and fc's using settings..hell about any part of it. interesting to try out,but very useless. no more "alphas" for me. either its bonafide stable or it wont be downloaded by me. now granted this WAS NEVER meant for OV anyway,just to clarify and not knock the optimus s rom itself.

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The camera has no preview just like tdms, no big deal to me. Its still better, smoother, clearer, etc. If you can't live without mms install go SMS pro or wait for a dev to make a fix for it. This is still a lot further along than tdms in my opinion

sent from my ice cold OV 4.0.4

How do you get it working with gosms pro

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

WakeUpC22

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
distracting waste of data and time from my experience with this one. installed rom,gapps..booted up...issues,booted to recovery and installed kernel and button fix,rebooted to ics..constant reboots and fc's using settings..hell about any part of it. interesting to try out,but very useless. no more "alphas" for me. either its bonafide stable or it wont be downloaded by me. now granted this WAS NEVER meant for OV anyway,just to clarify and not knock the optimus s rom itself.

And this is an unbuttered up assessment of trying out such roms that the common everyday user feels. Granted that I TOTALLY see the development value in this rom, however, I think non devs who simply don't have time and need a working, stable phone with a pretty face would best use harmonia / CM7 with QQlauncher. I'm simply thankful that ICS is currently in development and absolutely support information such as this. However, I think beyond the novelty many user simply will prefer stable OV roms.

Reactions: curtis1973

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
And this is an unbuttered up assessment of trying out such roms that the common everyday user feels. Granted that I TOTALLY see the development value in this rom, however, I think non devs who simply don't have time and need a working, stable phone with a pretty face would best use harmonia / CM7 with QQlauncher. I'm simply thankful that ICS is currently in development and absolutely support information such as this. However, I think beyond the novelty many user simply will prefer stable OV roms.

oh definitely. im very much appreciative of the optimus s team that put this together and also tdm for his efforts with his variant. ics will happen on the ov because of their efforts and the efforts of those who try it out,debugging,etc. i in no way take from their contribution. it was fun to try. (edit:) meaning more or less its on me for trying them out when the devs plainly tell you it's NOT READY BRO!! but you can try it out if ya want :cool: lol or...its NOT MADE FOR YOUR PHONE BRO!! so you've been warned... :cool: lol

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Have you forgotten that cm7 was buggy and a novelty only a few months ago?

Exactly, and now I don't wanna go back to Froyo. IHO is up to that level of daily driver use and almost no bugs (or at least no serious bugs)

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of people forget the difference between official "stable" builds and unofficial ports that will have problems. This build reminds me of the early aospcm7 that you had to flash several zips to get it working properly.

aaronmfisher86

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
so I've noticed that this ROM doesn't have 1/2 the customization that Quattrimus did. The only reason I wanted to use this as opposed to Quattrimus is the 3G seems to be much more stable in this one. I can't wait for alpha 9 for Quattrimus to come out. I guess the reason for this post though is to ask this. Would we be able to move over some files from Quattrimus into this one to enable:
  • Status Bar Transparency & Effects (like center clock)
  • Lock Screen Options
  • All the other stuff that's in alpha 8 that's not in here.
I feel like this might just be an issue of moving over some system apks or something? Devs, what do you guys think?

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
so I've noticed that this ROM doesn't have 1/2 the customization that Quattrimus did. The only reason I wanted to use this as opposed to Quattrimus is the 3G seems to be much more stable in this one. I can't wait for alpha 9 for Quattrimus to come out. I guess the reason for this post though is to ask this. Would we be able to move over some files from Quattrimus into this one to enable:
  • Lock Screen Options
I feel like this might just be an issue of moving over some system apks or something? Devs, what do you guys think?

flash cm9 reloaded and you'll have more customization than you could imagine.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
  • Lock Screen Options

Its CM9, not AOKP. Pleasee.... just read.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000