com.ape.file manager 3.0 file is downloaded many times in my android mobile.why?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

why com.ape.file manager 3.0 downloaded around 95 times..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is it an apk file in your /Download directory? Some adware or malware on your phone is probably automatically downloading it and trying to install it. Do you have Unknown Sources turned off in Settings>Security​?

sycosteve

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey I have this same problem. But mine says download was unsuccessful. That setting you mentioned should it be off? Mine was on. Turned it off. Still tried downloading again this am. Any apps u recommend to get rid of

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Turning Unknown Sources off will prevent installation of any app that isn't from the Play Store, but won't prevent the actual downloading of the apk file. It's hard to know if some app you installed is responsible for these downloads, or if there's some separate adware or malware that was installed alongside one of those apps. You can start with a good antimalware app like Malwarebytes, but these kinds of apps often don't find a culprit. Uninstalling apps one by one might help you narrow it down, but sometimes you just have to do a full factory reset, and then set the phone up like it's brand new (i.e., don't restore from a previous save).

sycosteve

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Yeah I have a blu life one X2 Mini. Phone is bad ***. And unlocked. There was a file manager that was factory installed after disabling it. I do not get that downloading ape. Com crap. So it's that app. This phone came with with the UI my launcher. Crashes.. I use nova launcher ui. Works great if anyone is having issues with the my launcher u just have to be fast before it crashes to download nova... Lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois