Comcast is offering a $200 Visa Prepaid card when buying a Verizon phone or tablet

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
My girl friend just got her $200 visa prepaid card from around black Friday purchase. My wife's $200 visa prepaid card is still pending but that I had to reorder around Christmas because my note 3 was stolen in transit

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Unhappy to report that another month went by (five months, in total), but still no card. Some mysterious Verizon/Comcast office continues claiming that it hasn't received the needed info from Verizon, while Verizon swears that they'd sent that info several times by now. Curiously, the former also stated on a few occasions that everything was now in order. and the card should be arriving any day now, but, still, no card has showed up. I was also given a confirmation number, however, on the follow-up call, another rep at the same office didn't know what confirmation number I was talking about. At the last call, I was assured that, my case would be escalated and I was given .... a ticket number. They couldn't tell me, however, how much time would take to pass my escalation through three offices (!) before the card is actually issued.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I haven't gotten mine either.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to contact them? Since every office I've spoken with knew about the offer itself, it shouldn't be a scam, but it certainly seems like one.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No not yet. I should probably call them sometime

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Another update. Spoke with the Verizon/Comcast promotion office today, and was told that my 30 days use period started on May 9, so the card should arrive sometime after June 9. Never mind that my use period had actually started on January 1, but, this time, at least they finally got that confirmation from Verizon.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Another update. Spoke with the Verizon/Comcast promotion office today, and was told that my 30 days use period started on May 9, so the card should arrive sometime after June 9. Never mind that my use period had actually started on January 1, but, this time, at least they finally got that confirmation from Verizon.

Thanks for the update. What number did you call?

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update. What number did you call?

Today, as many times before, I called the (866) 347-2229 number. But it's by calling (877) 842-0619 two weeks ago, and them issuing a ticket that, hopefully, has made a difference.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I called the main number today after ordering an S5 near launch and they said everything is set and will mail this week. Its a $150 gift card because I did it at apparently the wrong time. Lol, but its all good.

$250 for the S5 - $50 Mail in Rebate = $200 - $150 rebate. Brings my total paid to $50. I sold my Note 3 for $400+ so I came out ahead. :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got my $150 Rebate on Friday. Instantly applied it to my Verizon account so my bill is all paid.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
So, now it's for $150. Has anyone ever tried to bring this offer to Best Buy or anywhere and get a price adjustment based on this offer? I'd like to get my next phone from Best Buy because I will get a $50 gift card with it. So, if I can get them to just price match it with another $150 off, I can get my $50 back as well, and maximize my savings (plus I can wait until Black Friday as well). I was just wondering if anyone has been able to get a price matching from Best Buy or anywhere else with this offer.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So, now it's for $150. Has anyone ever tried to bring this offer to Best Buy or anywhere and get a price adjustment based on this offer? I'd like to get my next phone from Best Buy because I will get a $50 gift card with it. So, if I can get them to just price match it with another $150 off, I can get my $50 back as well, and maximize my savings (plus I can wait until Black Friday as well). I was just wondering if anyone has been able to get a price matching from Best Buy or anywhere else with this offer.
Best buy price match policy currently is for local retailers and select online retailers only.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

mk_dan

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my wife's line back in Dec '13 and never actually received the card (it was a bonus 200 as I traded in a couple phones and covered the cost of her new one.) Do you think it's still worth calling them and inquiring?

MrSmoofy

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Took advantange of this in Dec 2014, $200 gift card bought a new iPad added it to my account.

It's now 2/25 and no gift card. Called them they are going to escalate the case but that will take 6 weeks. WTF

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz