Complaints about the Under Display Camera.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
I disagree with you guys who want it gone. You all must not have to do much video conferences. Having the "two screens" is invaluable for being able to type while on call or looking at documents, emails, calendars etc... If this is to be used by business users, Healthcare workers, etc. they have to have this. You cannot do this with the outside screen. It is to small, limited.

A 6 inch plus screen is too small?
LOL talk about first world problems!!

fishmd

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
A 6 inch plus screen is too small?
LOL talk about first world problems!!
Size is fine, it is just if you go to bring up a keyboard to type a response of you need to look something else up, you cover up the video conference. That is why you need the "two screens." But yes, this phone in and of itself is a first world problem.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I use the selfie camera a lot on my S21 Ultra. SO I guess this wouldn't be a good phone for me because the selfie camera isn't very good.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the selfie camera a lot on my S21 Ultra. SO I guess this wouldn't be a good phone for me because the selfie camera isn't very good.

Wouldn't rather use the cover camera for the selfies? Or if your phone is open, use the main camera for selfies?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The samples I've seen from underscreen camera aren't that bad. If I was doing selfies I most likely would use the external selfie camera because it is easier to hold for selfies so I really don't think it's a major issue as it seems to be. Of course everyone is different in their needs and expectations.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Wouldn't rather use the cover camera for the selfies? Or if your phone is open, use the main camera for selfies?

But isn't even the cover selfie camera not nearly as good as the s21 ultra as well? It's only 10mp, The s21 ultra selfie camera is 40mp

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
But isn't even the cover selfie camera not nearly as good as the s21 ultra as well? It's only 10mp, The s21 ultra selfie camera is 40mp
More megapixels doesn't always equal far superior results. There are other factors to consider and there is a point of diminishing returns. 10 megapixels for a selfie camera is pretty damn good and at some point it becomes a numbers game.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
More megapixels doesn't always equal far superior results. There are other factors to consider and there is a point of diminishing returns. 10 megapixels for a selfie camera is pretty damn good and at some point it becomes a numbers game.
This. Higher megapixels are used in higher numbers to give the false feeling it's better all the time. It's a selfie, how good does it have to be anyway, IMO.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I don't get the complaint for this. the fact that you can preview selfies wirh the main camera makes me wonder why you would even want to use the camera inside. my sense like many is that it's there for video conferencing. I don't take many selfies as it is anyways. so it's not a concern of mine.

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't get the complaint for this. the fact that you can preview selfies wirh the main camera makes me wonder why you would even want to use the camera inside. my sense like many is that it's there for video conferencing. I don't take many selfies as it is anyways. so it's not a concern of mine.

Exactly!

monty Stinson

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Played will a Fold 3 at AT&T store today at lunch, it look invisible most of the time, but did see the blurry looking spot at times. Not a deal breaker.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It's always faintly visible, but runs circles around notches and holes. Quality is lousy, but good enough for Teams. As others have !mentioned: it has a high quality selfie cam on the front screen, so absolutely no issue there. The main camera is actually quite good.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
It's always faintly visible, but runs circles around notches and holes. Quality is lousy, but good enough for Teams. As others have !mentioned: it has a high quality selfie cam on the front screen, so absolutely no issue there. The main camera is actually quite good.

You've used Teams on it? Because that is what I'd most likely use it. Hope you can see more than 3 people in a video conference. On my Note20U, I could only see a max of 3 plus yourself.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
You've used Teams on it? Because that is what I'd most likely use it. Hope you can see more than 3 people in a video conference. On my Note20U, I could only see a max of 3 plus yourself.
I have, but only with one person so far. We use Teams for work a lot, but since the lockdown has ended, large-scale Video conferences are hopefully a thing of the past :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174