Complaints on the Apple forums re: S7 specs

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Kind of funny to read some Apple customers, ( and I was/am one) complaining about the latest specs on the S7 and Edge, compared to their phones. There are some, but a minority, that understand the differences in quality and features that separate their phones from the S7/Edge. Rumors are that Apple might go OLED in 2018!! Water resistance isn't even mentioned. One blogger wrote that the specs are better but Android is a "clunky" OS. I guess a lot of them have not used an Android phone lately. I have had my share of both Apple and Android phones, the latest being a Nexus 6 and a Droid Turbo 2. They are smooth and have so many more features that the Apple products don't have. To be sure, Apple has a dedicated fan base. It would be interesting to see the results of a Samsung program to let them use a S7 for a month for free. I bet a lot would switch. Knowing what is coming, I sold my Iphone 6S Plus a couple of weeks ago. Don't miss it at all!!

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I have an Apple phone for work and I absolutely hate it. I do not understand why the Apple fan boys/girls worship them so much. Android is far better.

Posted from my kicking Samsung Note4 on Lollipop 5.1.1

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I used to work for Apple. I was a CPU Tier 2 Senior Adviser. I love MAC, but anything with an i in front of it, is absolute crap. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, so I am not out to insult. But frankly people that think iPhones are the Cat's *** are simplr people. I have never seen MORE ISSUES with a product or it's operating system in my life!
It makes me laugh when iPhone users call Androids OS "Bulky" when they cram those POS's full of proprietary BS like iTunes.
I can't go on it angers me too much :)

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I have an iPhone, and posted on this same MacRumor forum you spoke of regarding the many pluses the new S7 has, and reading from those few that still bad mouth Samsung. Two exception was the carrier delay with updates, and battery. The new S7 has addressed the battery issue but over all, the S7 and even the S6 has the better camera and a good OS, not to mention the design is top notch. Now that the S7 has an SD slot, plus water resistance, Apple's iPhone is falling further behind what many want.

Now, I'm going to purchase the S7 ;)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Kind of funny to read some Apple customers, ( and I was/am one) complaining about the latest specs on the S7 and Edge, compared to their phones. There are some, but a minority, that understand the differences in quality and features that separate their phones from the S7/Edge. Rumors are that Apple might go OLED in 2018!! Water resistance isn't even mentioned. One blogger wrote that the specs are better but Android is a "clunky" OS. I guess a lot of them have not used an Android phone lately. I have had my share of both Apple and Android phones, the latest being a Nexus 6 and a Droid Turbo 2. They are smooth and have so many more features that the Apple products don't have. To be sure, Apple has a dedicated fan base. It would be interesting to see the results of a Samsung program to let them use a S7 for a month for free. I bet a lot would switch. Knowing what is coming, I sold my Iphone 6S Plus a couple of weeks ago. Don't miss it at all!!
My experience with the turbo 2 was that it would frequently kick apps out of memory and require a substantial amount of time to reload the app. Not to mention heavy throttling issues under load while charging.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola--turbo-2/604030-turbo-2-kicking-apps-out-memory.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-turbo-2/604047-overheating-cpu-throttling.html

However I guess that is a topic for another time. My iPhone 6s Plus had problems kicking ACTIVE apps out of memory which is pretty awful.

In all fairness I bought both phones at launch, and used them for a short time, but returned them during the return period,so things could have changed.

With that said, the iPhone is much more limited as to what you can do, that's why they can get away with a less powerful cpu, less ram and smaller battery. My note 5 performed much better than my 6s Plus... Due to the aforementioned Iphone kicking ACTIVE apps out of memory.

But that's just my experience. Many people are happy, and any of the latest high end devices I am sure would work ok for most

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone, and posted on this same MacRumor forum you spoke of regarding the many pluses the new S7 has, and reading from those few that still bad mouth Samsung. Two exception was the carrier delay with updates, and battery. The new S7 has addressed the battery issue but over all, the S7 and even the S6 has the better camera and a good OS, not to mention the design is top notch. Now that the S7 has an SD slot, plus water resistance, Apple's iPhone is falling further behind what many want.

Agreed! iPhone is falling behind. They are pulling a Blackberry. They were lead in the market, and it went to their heads, same with Apple. They don't feel they need to better each phone by much. But that is starting to catch up with them. It's funny watching the Key Notes, and speaking how they have come up with "Revolutionary" new features that my Android had 4 years ago. Apple Fan Boys/Girls wear blinders and haven't opened their eyes to something better yet. But it's starting to happen.
In regards to iOS being released quicker! OF FREAKING COURSE it is! They make ONE phone, One company, One type of OS for all iOS devices. But what they don't mention is, in Apple's haste to release it the crazy amount of issues with each released because there is not enough in house and real time beta testing.
What I have found, at least with my Carrier. Is that when a new OS is released, YES it takes months to get the update, but it's ROCK SOLID because the actual providers have to test it first before they release it. Where as apple just sends that crap out to the masses and then comes the crap storm!

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Apple fans have no standing to bash battery life in Galaxies. As average as the S6's battery life is/was it was still better in practical use than iPhones and you just dont see Samsung people hugging walls at airports or carrying their chargers with them to charge multiple time per day.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
My experience with the turbo 2 was that it would frequently kick apps out of memory and require a substantial amount of time to reload the app. Not to mention heavy throttling issues under load while charging.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola--turbo-2/604030-turbo-2-kicking-apps-out-memory.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/motorola-droid-turbo-2/604047-overheating-cpu-throttling.html

However I guess that is a topic for another time. My iPhone 6s Plus had problems kicking ACTIVE apps out of memory which is pretty awful.

In all fairness I bought both phones at launch, and used them for a short time, but returned them during the return period,so things could have changed.

With that said, the iPhone is much more limited as to what you can do, that's why they can get away with a less powerful cpu, less ram and smaller battery. My note 5 performed much better than my 6s Plus... Due to the aforementioned Iphone kicking ACTIVE apps out of memory.

But that's just my experience. Many people are happy, and any of the latest high end devices I am sure would work ok for most

I currently have a 6s Plus on the latest software (not 9.3, since it is still in Beta). It lags when unlocking pretty much on a consistent basis. You can't do anything on the screen until it refreshes after an unlock. Really annoying. And I had an active app reload yesterday. I was in an email and pressed the home button to go look at something else. I brain farted and forgot what I was looking at in my email and immediately went back in to my email before DOING ANYTHING ELSE and it refreshed. I had to find that email and my place in it all over again.

iPhones are most definitely not the perfect phone that Apple and their over-supportive fan bases would lead you to believe.

They are generally pretty stable and the support from Apple is top notch. But other than those things and iMessage, iOS is absolutely behind the times when compared to Android.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
I have both an iPhone six plus and an S6. Come may 19 it will be an iPhone six plus and an S7. I couldn't imagine being without both operating systems. There's things I love on both and I still can't decide which one I like better as I like both for different reasons

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Apple fans have no standing to bash battery life in Galaxies. As average as the S6's battery life is/was it was still better in practical use than iPhones and you just dont see Samsung people hugging walls at airports or carrying their chargers with them to charge multiple time per day.

My iPhone six plus lasts almost two hours SOT longer doing the same things as I'm doing on my S6. Just saying

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I have a iPhone 6 Plus and can't wait till my upgrade in 3 months I'm going back to Samsung and getting the s7 edge. I've been through for replacements for my phone and have had the same issue with each phone they would work for 2 months then I would have the issue again. Unfortunate cus I do like apple too but also like Samsung so figured since I've been having so many issues with Apple I will go back to Samsung for awhile. I'm liking the specs for the new s7's

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I love both platforms but don't get involved in the contests between the two. Both offer great phones with very different experiences.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

actually, some kind of do ;) I owned the GS6 for 6 months and now the iPhone 6s for 6 months. I had to plug my GS6 in 2-3 times per day (after pulling it off the charger at 630am) before I went to bed. Now with my iPhone 6s, I rarely plug it in at all before bed time (after taking it off the charger at 630am). I know others had better battery life on their GS6 than me, but I had 3 hardware versions and all 3 were the same... dismal battery life. And every time I travel, I see the same amount of android phones vs iPhones plugged into the wall. But I'm glad you buy into Samsung's marketing so much!

On to the S7, I love the hardware and am tempted by it. I love the waterproofing (without the little flap like my GS5 had) and that screen is gorgeous! I do like Android as a whole and really enjoyed Marshmallow on the 5x/6p and just like where they are heading in general. But I have no qualms with my iPhone 6s. I think the screen looks amazing (best LCD out there, all Android LCD screens I have used look like garbage IMO). I love using iMessage and iCloud Photo sharing. I have a 4 month old baby at home and my entire family (and wife's family) are on Apple devices, so it makes it so much easier to share photos / videos over iMessage (go through at full resolution vs the junk that MMS does with them) and creating a shared folder of my little girl to share with our entire families who are spread out across the country.

OP, keep in mind, there are very level headed Apple owners out there. But just like the Apple fanboys out there, there are an equal number (or more :p) Samsung fanboys, Nexus fanboys, and Android fanboys in general. I've owned far more Android phones than most on this forum but my go to platform right now is still iOS, mainly for the reasons above. If Apple opened up iMessage and iCloud photo sharing on Android, I'd be in line to buy the GS 7 immediately.

Last edited:

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm really curious to see if apple can make the next step without Jobs, they seem to be floundering. I actually prefer it if they do make better designs and innovation as it will lead to Android OEMs matching or beating those features.

dreaming of electric sheep

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
The fact that my MacBook broke and I had to get a new one causing my wife's music library and videos to all be deleted because it can only be synced with 1 computer at a time (iTunes was signed in same account on new and old computer) is enough for me to never switch back.

mlauzon

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I owned an iPhone 4 for less than 24 hours -- got it on a Tuesday, returned it Wednesday evening -- in 2012, I am an Android user, but the phone at $0 was appealing, they were going to have iPhone 4S come in that Friday, and I was willing to pay the $100 to change over to that, but the place got a shipment of Samsung Galaxy Nexus (S) Wednesday, hence why I returned the iPhone.

toner789

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for sharing your complaints or experience here, well, I have no idea at first about this phone so far since I am still planning to buy this. Great I read some of your experiences using this phone atleast I know already.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I honestly don't get the fight between Android and iOS.

I use an LG G4 and an iPad Pro as my main devices and they're honestly excellent for their respective platforms.

For a phone, I prefer Android due to choice and its open-nature though updates can be a bit slow at times. For a tablet, I prefer iOS because it has better quality tablet apps and also because it's actually quite a monster on iOS, though, granted, it's not as heavy and therefore, limited compared to Android.

But, both have their ups and downs.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I love more about my 6S+ is the battery life. I have not heard of another Samsung phone that can top this. At my job, everyone who has Android phones plugs them in during the day to recharge. You can see in the screen cap that it does not say that phone was plugged in since last charge. Ny Note 5 lasts a full day with two hours screen time.

IMG_9907.jpg

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I am currently using an iPhone 6s Plus as my daily driver until my S7 edge arrives, and the S7 edge I played with at Best Buy today makes my 6s+ look like a brick. I mean, there's no comparison between the two devices because the S7 edge is just so much better. The hardware is better. The software is better. The screen to bezel ratio on the S7 edge is so much better than the 6s Plus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knightbuzzo