Completely New to This...

ocim54

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying books, comics, movies, and TV shows from Google Play. I was just wondering.. When you buy a TV show or movie, do you own it forever? Or at least theoretically as long as YouTube exists? I seem to remember reading a fine print somewhere on YouTube saying it expires in a few years. Also, are you able to download comics and books you bought, onto your PC?

Lastly, is it safe? I mean, does it happen often that there are glitches and they over charge your card or something? What's your general experience of it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
When you buy a TV show or movie, do you own it forever?
No, you're not buying the content, you're buying the right to play the content (and sometimes only on the device you bought that right for).

Also, are you able to download comics and books you bought, onto your PC?
Sime. Again - it depoends on the terms that the copyright owner sets.

Lastly, is it safe? I mean, does it happen often that there are glitches and they over charge your card or something? What's your general experience of it?
I've never bought content from the Play store, but I've bought apps (and have been since they started). And never got overcharged by a penny.

ocim54

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
I found this from: https://play.google.com/about/movies-tv-usage-rules.html

Purchased Content. When you purchase an item of content, your content will be stored in a digital locker. Each Locker Video Content will be available for unlimited viewing for as long as the rights exist to provide you with that content ("Locker Period"). Each item of Locker Video Content may have a different Locker Period. Pausing, stopping, or rewinding an item of Locker Video Content will not extend the Locker Period. For Locker Video Content, (1) you may view only one stream of each Locker Video Content at a time, (2) you may view up to 3 streams of Locker Video Content from your locker at a time, (3) you may authorize up to 5 Devices for offline playback of Locker Video Content at a time and to authorize additional devices, you must de-authorize one of those 5 Devices, (4) you may only authorize the same Device three times in any 12 month period and de-authorize the same Device twice in any 12 month period, (5) you may only de-authorize a total of 2 Devices for offline playback every 90 days, and (6) you may authorize no more than 3 Google accounts on the same Device.

And I found this from YouTube, https://www.youtube.com/t/usage_paycontent

Purchased Content. When you purchase an item of content, your content will be stored in a digital locker and you may view it an unlimited number of times for during your Locker Period. The “Locker Period” will be for at least 5 years from the date of your purchase (subject to the restrictions described in the YouTube Paid Service Terms of Service). Each item of purchased content may have a different Locker Period and you agree to the Locker Period before you order it. Pausing, stopping, or rewinding purchased content will not extend the Locker Period. As noted in the YouTube Paid Service Terms of Service, if an item of purchased content becomes unavailable during the five year period from the purchase date, you may request a refund. For purchased content, you may view one stream of each item at a time, and view up to 3 streams of different items at a time.

Ok, so am I understanding correctly that when I purchase a movie or TV show from Google Play or YouTube, there is a locker period of at least 5 years. Meaning after that there is a possibility of me no longer being able to view the movie, depending on whether YouTube or Google Play still has the rights to show me the content?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC