Confirmed Exclusive to VZW in US?

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sorry AT&T, T-Mobile, & Sprint

Yeah, exclusive...

Read this press release:

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and LIBERTYVILLE, Ill. – Today, Motorola Mobility, Inc. (NYSE: MMI) and Verizon Wireless announced DROID RAZR™ by Motorola, the world’s thinnest 4G LTE smartphone. A true marvel of design, this smartphone packs strength and smarts into a stylish package offered exclusively from Verizon Wireless.
Measuring 7.1 mm thin, made with KEVLAR? fiber for strength and Corning? Gorilla? Glass for scratch resistance, the DROID RAZR is ready to face the elements. Speed limits are just an illusion with a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and Verizon Wireless 4G LTE. DROID RAZR customers can expect to rip through the Web with speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G.
“DROID RAZR by Motorola combines style, performance and the power of Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network into one innovative device,” said Marni Walden, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. “These are two iconic brands that separately symbolize the best technology available today. The combination will provide an unsurpassed wireless experience for customers.”
“DROID RAZR by Motorola is a testament to the innovation and design possibilities that stem from a strong partnership between Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless,” said Sanjay Jha, Chairman and CEO, Motorola Mobility. “We set out to design the best smartphone on the planet and delivered DROID RAZR which is thinner, smarter, stronger than any device on the market.”
Not only does DROID RAZR by Motorola deliver heart-pounding speed, but it has a mind-bending 4.3-inch hyper-vibrant display with more colors than most LCD HDTVs. The Super AMOLED™ Advanced display with qHD resolution dishes out beautiful images and smooth action so on-the-go movies and TV shows aren’t a blur, whether customers stream from Netflix™ or rent from Android Market™. It’s the first smartphone capable of streaming movies and TV shows through Netflix with up to HD resolution.
DROID RAZR customers can take advantage of the Super AMOLED Advanced display and 4G LTE speeds to stream videos with NFL Mobile, only from Verizon. Fans can stay up to date on news, schedules and scores from their favorite teams on the go. NFL Mobile is included at no additional charge for 4G LTE customers for the remainder of the 2011 season.
If cutting-edge visuals are its beauty, apps on DROID RAZR are its brains. Enter MotoCast™, the free Motorola app that lets you stream or download your music, pictures and more from your PC to your phone. The Smart Actions app helps automate everyday tasks and optimizes battery efficiency by letting customers create rules, such as automatically setting the phone to vibrate during work hours or dimming the display at a specific battery level. The revolutionary webtop application allows customers to combine the device with separately sold accessories, like the Lapdock™ 100 or HD Station, unleashing the power to edit documents and browse the Web with a full Firefox? browser on a larger screen – all while charging the device.

Source

Then this one

BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless today announced that the Galaxy Nexus by Samsung, the world’s first smartphone running on Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich is coming to Verizon Wireless. The Galaxy Nexus will be available later this year in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at Cell Phones - Smartphones: Cell Phone Service, Accessories - Verizon Wireless.

Ice Cream Sandwich brings a redesigned user interface with enhanced multitasking, notifications, full Web browsing experience and more. Customers will also be able to enjoy the innovative new features that Ice Cream Sandwich offers, such as Face Unlock which uses facial recognition to unlock the Galaxy Nexus. Customers can take advantage of the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network to access more than 300,000 apps and games from Android Market™ or rent movies and stream them instantly on the 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED™ display.

Source

Which one does verizon sound most excited about? Which one says exclusive? Which event had a verizon exec present? Hint: Nothing with the Galaxy Nexus. Verizon US exclusive? Highly doubt it. Timed exclusive? I'd believe that.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
And my hope goes down the drain...
Just kidding, but why wouldn't they sell the Galaxy Nexus? If anything it can be like the Nexus S because eventually, all carriers got the Nexus S in one form or another. Besides that, this is the first Nexus where they are advertising aggressively (I don't think the Nexus S 4G counts as that is a different version of the Nexus S in terms of radios, the Galaxy Nexus IS the original phone where they will be making variants from).

The issue I think Google/Sprint are making with the Galaxy Nexus is that Sprint already said WiMax is going down. They don't have an LTE market up yet. I know Sprint is still selling WiMax phones. Google stated it was only making 2 phones, LTE and HSPA+ "4G" devices. Considering Sprint's LTE isn't on the same frequency as Verizon's, I don't think the the verizon model will work on Sprint's LTE network whenever they get it up.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
If they sold the sold the Nexus S even though they already had a Samsung Epic, then I think they would sell the Galaxy Nexus even though we already have an E4GT.

Yes, but consider how much time had passed between the release of the Samsung Epic and the Nexus S. The Nexus S was no longer a new phone by the time Sprint started selling it. I think Sprint will get the Galaxy Nexus, but since the Epic 4G Touch is so new, it'll probably be a while before Sprint starts selling the Galaxy Nexus.

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sorry AT&T, T-Mobile, & Sprint

No it's not. It's an exclusive for an established period of time, then the exclusivity goes away... An exclusive on a timer, a timed exclusive as opposed to a full on, permanent exclusive.

Reactions: ottscay

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter