Conflit with Wifi and Bluetooth

jdn1976

Feb 6, 2023
Visit site
Hello, I have a Motorola E7 Plus since the end of 2021.

Recently, about 4 or 5 months ago I buy a gamepad controller bluetooth. But this is odd when I turn my gamepad on my phone with Wifi turn on, the gamepad connection drops after 1 or 2 minutes, and I need too turn off bluetooth and then then turn on again on my phone to pair again. And after 1 or 2 minutes drops agains... and I need to repeat the process again, and again.

Recently I found if I turn off my Wifi on the phone, the gamepad works very well, do not drops the connection with bluetooth. The gamepad is a GameSir X2 Bluetooth.

Anyway, I already tried to clear Bluetooth cache/data. I try also try Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options> Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth. I also try to change my router channel.

I was thinking to buy a router 5 Ghz... but searching on google, I found that E7 Plus do not support 5 Ghz, only 2.4 Ghz, so this will not solve my problem.

Is there anyway to solve this issue on my phone? I belive this is on my phone, because I tested my gamepad, on a phone Samsung and also on an Motorola E20 from a friends and works fine with Wifi and bluetooth both turn on in my house! I do not want make a hard reset/reset factory, because I have some important data there. What solution can you give to me?

Just to add, this gamepad GameSir X2 have two functions. When I press HOME + A, start blinking a blue light that is android controller.

If I press HOME + B start blink a pink link, and this means that my phone recognizes as Xbox Wireless Controller. When I use this the gamepad as Xbox Wireless Controller the wifi and bluetooth on my phone works normally. The problem is most of the android games do not recognize when I pair as xbox wireless controller mode.

Only a few some are able to play as xbox controller mode. But the odd, is: when I tested my controller on android mode (HOME + A), the same game in another phone of a friend mine it worked normally! So it not seems to be a controller problem. And like I said previously, he test in my home, on my network. This leaves me to the conclusion that is on my phone, not on the controller. Some conflit on hardware or software on my phone that drops bluetooth device when the wifi is on.

The controller is using the last firmware and my phone is using android 10 that is provided by Motorola E7 Plus.

I made another couple of tests. And I belive the problem, is really on the phone... or software phone. Today I try to enter on my phone as safe mode, but the issue remains. I tested to navigate with the controller and after 1 minute or 2 minutes, lost connection to bluetooth with wifi on. I think not an app conflit once I tested the controller on my phone in safe mode and has the same issue. So... what could be... without reset to factory? I also try to remove the SD card, but no go. Same issue. Is not SD card problem

Any ideas what is going on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you find the specs that say the phone doesn't support 5 GHz wi-fi? I'm trying to find something official, and it's hard to find anything besides a mention in the manual about changing the mobile hotspot from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz: https://xphone24.com/manual-user-guide/Motorola_Moto_E7_Plus_EN.pdf. But it also says that feature may not be available in all countries, so 5 GHz support might depend on the variant.

I did see that the official Motorola page for the e7 (not the plus) specifically says it only supports 2.4 GHz. But the plus version might have added 5 GHz.

What's the exact model number of your phone?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to check for firmware updates for that controller? I wonder if that might help. However, the support page is very confusing: https://www.gamesir.hk/pages/x2-bluetooth-help. It says, "Use GameSir app to update the firmware. Currently, The GameSir App in the google play store does not support firmware updates for X2. Please use the official channel to upgrade it." I have no idea what they mean by "official channel.":-\