Confused: LTE & HD Voice arent ready yet, why the rush!

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Just wondering why everyone is so amped to get their hands on a phone of whom 2/3 of its main selling points arent even available to the masses yet. I mean the only thing this phone has over the Evo 3d that really matters is, 1) ICS 2)LTE 3)HD Voice. Most of us wont see LTE in our area from Sprint until 2014, and I dont think the HD voice will be noticeable or wanted until its widely available(like no one knew they preferred blu ray until they actually experienced blu ray).

I fell for the Sprint Wimax hoopla when I bought an Evo, and then an Evo 3d. Here I am with the Evo LTE on the horizon and here in MI Ive never connected either of my Evo's to a 4g network since Ive owned them. Im done drinking Sprints kool aid. Fool me once shame on you. Over the past two years, youve reduced all my perks(upgrades for premium customers, $200 ETF's, etc). The network has gotten progressively worse since the launch of the iphone. Now this customs delay thing is just a sign of things to come. I cant wait until my contracts are up. Already paid the $350 on one of my lines. Too bad I still have 3 left.:-[

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Why the rush? Even though we may not have LTE or HD Voice when we get our phones, we will be future proofing ourselves for when those services are readily available. Some of us are eligible for upgrades and don't want to sit on those upgrades until LTE is released in our area.

As for other things, this phone's specs are much better than something, like, say the original Evo. A lot of people probable play a lot of games or do a lot of multitasking/multimedia on their phone and with the 720p screen and all, there's a lot going for this phone aside from the LTE radio and HD Voice capability.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Dude my Epic 4G (GS1) is having some problems and I wish to get a successor. I'm in PR so I know I am not getting LTE nor HD voice any time soon but my current one isn't gonna fix itself either...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

imranmali3

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a flip phone for the past 2 weeks, if I wanted to upgrade to something, I wanted to upgrade to something that has the capacity to still be relevant in two years.

Also, some of us are getting LTE early because we are phase 1 markets (yay for me), and we have been on wimax this whole time.

Nonetheless, LTE is not the selling point for me. The selling point is the phones itself.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well you're right. Sprint does not offer lte in our area and i'm afraid it wont for some time. (I too live in MI just north of Detroit) Again you're right that HD voice wont come out for some time as well.

I was living in Las Vegas when the og evo launched and we had a good wimax signal. I never used it unless i was at home plugged in due to the huge battery drain, so i have to say i'm glad to see the switch to lte (whenever i get it) I'm not sure how much better it will be on batteries if any but it cant be worse

For me, even though i dont have these 2 options now with Sprint i will still be getting a phone that is much faster and smoother to use.

Dont get me wrong the evo was a great phone and i'm still using it today but it's really showing its age with so many better phones out now. I'm looking forward to a less laggy phone :) To be honest, lte will be something i rarely use if it treats batteries anything like wimax did so i'm not as excited as everyone about it.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Lets ne real here as I owned a 3D. Bigger better screen, much better camera, faster processor etc. The wifi, signal strength and sound quality of my 3D flat out sucked.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
We!'ll as far as being too excited for a phone that doesn't have 2/3rds of it's capabilities not available yet. I still want a new Evo4LTE BECAUSE I already forked out the extra cash for my upgrades and I'm itching for a brandy new android, I also the have Evo. Why should anyone else care about what people are itching for when you want something you get it.... If our Evo4LTE doesn't come out in a month then I want my early up grade fee refunded entitlement or not yo! Feel the need for speed...:cool:

sent from Evo4G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DCLocal

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Simply put, LTE and HD Voice aside the 4G LTE ROCKS. I had the original 4G and now the 3D and the compelling reason for my desire to upgrade is the larger screen and camera. I also love the fact that it is thinner.

I rarely talk on my phone so the HD Voice is not a biggie and I seldom use 4G but I am hoping LTE proves to have better speed and I hope since it is integrated that it's a bit easier on the battery.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
People are looking forward to the phone for there own reasons you can't say there is only 3 reasons to get it

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Bingo. The OP's suggestion is that the Evo LTE brings nothing better to the table than what he values.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Bingo. The OP's suggestion is that the Evo LTE brings nothing better to the table than what he values.

HD video with multiple shooting 30 frames per min. ,Beats audio, swipe included, light weight, larger screen just a few diddies for all the misinformed.

Jackson Galaxy

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
For me, LTE, HD voice and ICS aren't even in the top 3 as far as selling points go for this phone. Let's talk about the good stuff like the Krait processor, dedicated Image Sense chip, F/2 lens, SLCD2 display and the 2000 mAh battery.

Last edited:

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
One...I didn't buy the OG EVO for 4G because I knew we wouldn't have it in my area ever anyways...I'm pretty sure LTE would be in that same catagory.

Two...WTF is HD Voice? Apparently that function means diddly to me as well...

Now, has my phone shipped yet?

***¦-} I think I'm an EVO 4G LTE ¦-} I think I'm an EVO 4G LTE ¦-} I think I'm an EVO 4G LTE ¦-} ***

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I was just thinking we didn't have enough of these threads..you know..people that are jealous so they have to pretend this phone is not bad ass...

Jealousy is a big form of flattery....Viva la Evo4LTE....eat your hearts out puppies!:D

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I was just thinking we didn't have enough of these threads..you know..people that are jealous so they have to pretend this phone is not bad ass...

Not really jealous, as I too am eligible for an upgrade/new line if I choose to stay with Sprint, just curious as to what others reasons were for wanting the phone. And true the 3 features I mentioned arent the only upgrades, just the 3 I hear mentioned most on most tech sites reviewing the phone.

And ab30494 I seem to remember the same thing being quoted by Sprint for Wimax and mid 2011. Im just saying....

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Not really jealous, as I too am eligible for an upgrade/new line if I choose to stay with Sprint, just curious as to what others reasons were for wanting the phone. And true the 3 features I mentioned arent the only upgrades, just the 3 I hear mentioned most on most tech sites reviewing the phone.

And ab30494 I seem to remember the same thing being quoted by Sprint for Wimax and mid 2011. Im just saying....

well as everyone here seems fairly satisfied enough to stay with sprint, what difference does it make if we wait for this phone or get something else. none of sprint's phones will be on the lte network yet, so that isnt just an unreached selling point for this phone, but for all sprint's lte phones. even if some people cancel this phone and get the sg3, that also wont be on the lte network. we want this phone not for what it can't do right now, but for what it can do now, and for what it will be able to do once sprint flips the switch on the new network...

loudsilene

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I had the og evo which I love but is now dated, got the 3D which I regret, i felt it after a week that it was a mistake upgrading. about a month ago I got invited to the Evo lte release party in NY, and I read all about the phone and didnt care much, untill I saw the screen and got to actually play with it. at that even I was sold and I know everyone whos gonna get that phone is going to be very pleased, even though we wont have lte or hd voice at launch, its worth the wait!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrussellcampbell