Connectivity issues with media streaming apps (Netflix, Pandora, Stan)

stace8383

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,
We're having some problems with two Samsung devices, hoping somebody here can help out. I'll try to be comprehensive and clear.
About three weeks ago my husband and I both noticed that the Netflix and Pandora apps on our mobile devices weren't connecting anymore, after previously working fine. (His is a Samsung phone running Android 5.0, mine is a Samsung tablet running Android 4.2.2.) Both devices are connected to the same wifi network as our laptops, and the laptops are having no problems at all. The devices are connected to the internet; websites and other apps work with no problems. (Except the Netflix and Pandora websites, which load the front page but then fail to connect upon trying to sign in.)
We have so far tried Netflix's own tech support, and they suggested a DNS reset. Our ISP provided DNS details to manually change, and this has not worked. We've also tried resetting the modem/router, uninstalling and reinstalling the apps, restoring devices to factory settings, clearing caches - multiple times, in various orders. No luck.
Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks
Stace

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
This sounds like a router problem since it's affecting multiple apps/sites. Is there any way to disable IPv6 on your router? Have you updated your router firmware? Do these apps also fail to work on other wifi networks? Do they fail on a data connection? I know you wouldn't want to watch Netflix on data, but just as a test.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts