Considering going to a G5?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Sounds intriguing, but I don't intend to upgrade anytime soon. I noticed one of the special modules you can get with it has Hi-Fi audio jacks. I hope they didn't do away with a standard jack without needing the module (I think it's rumored the next iPhone will do so). I use it all the time to feed my work truck's stereo, so it's a big deal for me to have one.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Nah. Phone doesn't look very sexy nor seem to offer anything more than the G4 (for me).

Probably will stick with the G4 for another year or two. Then we'll see where LG/Android and Apple are at and I'll go from there.

ShaneRay

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I, at least, need to give LG credit for trying new things, but the G5 holds little interest for me.

Granted, I've only had the G4 for a few months, so I'm not really looking. If I were, though, it wouldn't be at the G5.

nickdaman

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Yep no interest in the G5 and I'll be keeping my G4 till it breaks. Maybe the leather backs will come down in price some I really don't care much for the brown leather back. A black leather back is so much cleaner.

stet

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I like that the back is mostly flat as I hate how my G4 rocks back and forth when I'm attempting to use it while it is sitting on my desk. I do not like that they made an overly large phone even longer. I'll pass. My next phone is going to be smaller than my G4.

Even4steven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The G5 is forward thinking , and a brave direction. Wondering the price of the "Friends" will be. Smaller battery will probably keep me from upgrading,

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Neat ideas but not enough to get me to upgrade. Actually, carrier devices have begun to sour on me. If I upgrade to a new device this year it'll probably be the Nexus if they manage to hit another home run with the hardware.

Posted via the Android Central App

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
The lack of hot-swappability of the modules would be a deal breaker for me. I love the back volume buttons but would be willing to deal with losing that. The modules sound interesting but having to go through a reboot (however fast, it would still be an interruption) each time would get old in a hurry.

brutos08

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
My next phone will be an Nexus am currently looking to buy the nexus 6p. G5 for me is a step back am sure others will like it but the modules is not my thing