Contact/Facebook Sync

disturbed77

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm having an issue I was hoping you could help me out with. I've sync'd most of my contacts list with their facebook accounts, but I've noticed that when they change their main picture on facebook, it doesn't get changed in my contacts or favorites list. Is anyone else having this issue? Or even better, know how to fix it? I've tried to unsync and re-sync but that hasn't helped.

Thanks in advance.

NvrFollow#AC

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. Regardless of my sync settings (which are all enabled for FB) I can't get FB profile pics to sync. it only sync'd the first time I enabled and linked my Google contact to FB contact.
Note: I don't have any phone contacts, all contacts are Google contacts linked to FB contacts.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, this is a major pet peeve of mine with Sense.

I fixed this once for a few of my contacts. The standard answer is to clear the "contacts storage" cache, but that wipes out your settings, too (think "linked accounts"). I didn't want to do that. I only had a few, so I manually unlinked the contact and Facebook contact, cleared the People apps cache, resynced all my Facebook contacts' profile photos (People App> little globe> Facebook> Menu, Refresh), then relinked the offending contacts. I think that did it. It was last month and took me hours to figure out, so its a little fuzzy. There is an epic discussion thread about all of the glitches with Facebook for Sense on HTC's Facebook page, and I think I found my solution there.

I do recall that some people suggest using apps that sync your contacts Facebook photos. That didn't work for me.

Last edited: