Contact Pictures - Any way to make them bigger in calls?

Lightshield

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hoping I'm just overlooking something.... is there a way to make Contact Pictures larger or square when making or receiving calls? The cropped circle bothers me with it's wasted real estate. I think especially because I was using a Nexus 6 before the G4, and the stock Google dialer is beautiful.

I'm on a Verizon G4 so I wouldn't be surprised if the option to make them larger did indeed exist but they removed it. ;-)

bossfan61

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
That's been my pet peeve for several years! With the screen resolutions getting better and better, there is NO excuse for these stupid little photo circles surrounded by a sea of unused white space.

Granted, I don't want the entire screen showing a caller photo, but how about shaving the full 1” taken up by the top section showing caller name/phone number and then making a nice big circle or square for the caller ID photo??? Just a thought.

There are a few 3rd party options in the Play store. Start by searching for "caller ID photo" and go from there.

bluerobin

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly, the G2 or maybe it was the viper would do full screen pics of the people calling or you are calling and the pics were so pixelated that I now prefer the smaller picture. The little ones that are on the contacts are such low resolution that making them bigger just made them bad looking.

Mitchell7561

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
If you are using a smart circle case or not go to the following:

Setting / General / Quick Circle case and switch to off.

When you receive an incoming call it will be either half or full screen

Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12