Contacts Missing

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
This happened right after I got rid of those booking apps that were causing problems. I had two icons for contacts on my front page one was blue and one was orange. The orange one was the Samsung contacts app and that now has no contacts, the blue one disappeared So I opened another Google contacts icon and all the Google contacts were there, I noticed it was missing some things that I had before like the ability to go to a contact and start a text from there. Below is a fake app that I made up and that is not Aaron Rodgers real information. How do you get your contacts icons back and why would one be gone and the Samsung app have no contacts in it? Also why would the Google contacts app not have the ability to go to a text. I use Textra maybe there's something I have to redo to get that app to show the text icon in the contact? The contact page doesn't even look the same as the old one.

Attachments

• 1000000126.jpg
    1000000126.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 10

stevetaz

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Could your sync be turned off?

Settings --> Accounts and backup --> Manage accounts --> Select the account associated with your Samsung account (bottom of the list?) --> Sync account --> Make sure the Contacts option is selected

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If the Google Contacts shortcut icon disappeared from the homescreen you can simply create a new one by opening your App Drawer and dragging/dropping Google Contacts back to the homescreen. Is that what you did?

Is your Google Contacts app up to date in the Play Store?

In the Samsung Contacts app, tap the 3-line "hamburger" menu button at the upper left. Does it say "All Contacts" at the top of the sidebar menu? If not, tap whatever you see there (e.g., Samsung Account, Phone, Google), and then select All Contacts.

dlcpa

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I called Samsung there was somewhat helpful. I'm not sure how perfect it went and the only way to really tell is to sort the Google contacts by the entry number where it goes into Google contacts and check to see if those newer contacts are in my contacts list.

I had two contacts icons One was blue and one was orange. The blue one is gone and the orange one had no contacts so, synchronizing them brought the contacts in from Gmail. This seems to be a little bit of a difference like 20 are missing but I'm not sure if that difference has anything to do with a few Microsoft contacts. seems to be okay.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513