contacts question

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
So does anyone know a way to have all your contacts just on google and not the phone too? when I go to my contacts and they are linked, theres the orange head (phone contact) and the black G (google contact) they are in essence, the same, its just a pain in the you know what when I have duplicates.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
So does anyone know a way to have all your contacts just on google and not the phone too? when I go to my contacts and they are linked, theres the orange head (phone contact) and the black G (google contact) they are in essence, the same, its just a pain in the you know what when I have duplicates.

turn off contacts in you accounts sysc settings. delete all your phone contacts. turn contacts sync back on.

Reactions: putney1477

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
excellent, thanks so much, Is there a way to delete them all at once? I can't figure it out. I have over 600.....deleting them individually will take forever

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
excellent, thanks so much, Is there a way to delete them all at once? I can't figure it out. I have over 600.....deleting them individually will take forever

I wish!!! i had the same thing happen to me when i first got the phone. had my wife delete them while i drove home. lol ;)

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know Google Contacts well, but I wonder if you could use a workaround for this.

Could you export all your Google contacts to file (thus clearing all contacts out of your account), sync with your phone, turn syncing off, then re-import Google contacts?

It might be a PITA, but it would take less time than deleting hundreds of contacts.