Contract or No contract

toastayy

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So I have the grandfathered unlimited data from verizon and I want to keep it....but would it be worth buying the one for $600 and keep the data? What if vz decides to end unlimited all together later and it ends up not being worth it? Decisions decisions. Any opinions?

Sent from my Nook HD using Tapatalk 2

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I do what I can to keep the unlimited data on the two lines which have it. But, this really just comes down to a matter of your own personal economics. My wife and I would need a 10GB plan, and we'd pay about the same or a little more on a share plan, so the only money I'd save is on the handset (even these savings are offset by selling the older phone on ebay). If I could save $30 or $40 a month, then I would probably switched to tiered data. I do think unlimited data will be ended altogether at some point.

toastayy

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I know I can go over the lower tier 2 gig option they have so I'm a little worried about that...also if I'm going to be the one for full price, what would the difference btw purchasing it from vzw or from somewhere else? I see htc have an unlocked version for sale, how is that different?

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I know I can go over the lower tier 2 gig option they have so I'm a little worried about that...also if I'm going to be the one for full price, what would the difference btw purchasing it from vzw or from somewhere else? I see htc have an unlocked version for sale, how is that different?

The unlocked one doesn't work on Verizon.

R01k

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
It depends on how much data you need. In my case I need from 4GB to 6GB, so after one hour discussing different ways and running the math with a Verizon rep (she was very insistent), I stuck to my plan of paying the full price.

MORANDCHI

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I also have unlimited data as well and I got my HTC one at full price at best buy. My Contract is up on April 2014. However I use a lot of data a month and it is worth keeping the unlimited data.
I Have a best buy credit card, and have the 18 month financing at 0% so I figured out it is about 45 dollars a month to pay it off instead of the full 600 at one shot.

My average 6 month data use is I think 13 to 16 gigs a month. With the shared everything plan it would cost me so much more every month compared to unlimited data

I also too sold back my motorola Razr maxx for 135 bucks which can help with the cost.

Chris

toastayy

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I use around 13 to 16 gigs a month also. I'm still stuck with my HTC rezound and haven't decided yet how I'm going to upgrade. Paying the sucker price for that kind of data is ridiculous....I think if things come to worst and the nexus 5 is a decent phone and a decent price off contract...let's say 3 to 400 and it is NOT compatible with vzw then I may jump to ship to sprint.

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
With my Dink I never wend over 3.4 gb of data.... NEVER. with my 4G one i'm over 6 already and iv not used it to much more then my Dinc.... does 4G use more then 3G in the same amount of time-.?

pcabe5

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
With my Dink I never wend over 3.4 gb of data.... NEVER. with my 4G one i'm over 6 already and iv not used it to much more then my Dinc.... does 4G use more then 3G in the same amount of time-.?

In short yes. Some apps and websites load based on your available bandwidth. For example, movies or videos will show a lower resolution video on 3G, less data, than on 4G which will show at higher resolution and more data (some are user selectable). So even though you may do the same things the app selects the best use and therefore higher data. I know I used video as an example but I think it is a good example.

toastayy

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I usually watch a lot of Netflix/YouTube and the usual surfing and media consumption...Never really turn WiFi on because my phones 4G is usually much faster...

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2. now Free

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly