Coping with losing the headphone jack

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I too like updates. I am so glad Samsung had caught up by the time I bought my S10+ and it is still a reason to have a pixel phone.

I'm liking Samsung's commitment to handing out more updates. Still thinking about potentially getting a Pixel device for my next phone, though... Maybe.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking Samsung's commitment to handing out more updates. Still thinking about potentially getting a Pixel device for my next phone, though... Maybe.
I'm still happy with my S10+ and don't plan to replace it any time soon.

I also got the Android 11 update today for my Galaxy Tab S6 Lite.

Since I have a Samsung tablet that is newer than my phone, most likely whatever new phone I do eventually get will be a Samsung device. Syncing my phone and tablet is easier if both are Samsung devices.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site

Since I have a Samsung tablet that is newer than my phone, most likely whatever new phone I do eventually get will be a Samsung device. Syncing my phone and tablet is easier if both are Samsung devices.

I wish the S10e had a bigger battery because I think it's pretty fantastic. My wife has it. It's very comfortable to use with a nice FLAT screen.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I totally get what you are saying. The simplicity with synching between devices makes upgrading to the same manufacturer an easier decision to make. Plus, Samsung's Smart Switch app is so useful - and, dare I say it, *smart.*

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
The best thing about my S10+ and /y Pixel 4a 5G is both have the headphone jack. Most useful to connect my phone to the car speaker by aux cable

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
The best thing about my S10+ and /y Pixel 4a 5G is both have the headphone jack. Most useful to connect my phone to the car speaker by aux cable
I agree with you. My car is nearly 7 years old and only has the Bluetooth phone connection, it's not able to play audio accross Bluetooth. So the headphone jack is a must for me.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Well, I did come across a revelation I believe. I found an aux cable from amazon that on the other end has a USB type C plug! Though it doesn't sound as good as a regular aux cable, it does sound much better than using that stupid dongle. Whatever, I'll take it. I wish these were more common though so I could find different choices.

Now onto the phones... Odd how on my Oneplus 8, it sounds good, but on my most recent device, which I am really liking and will be my device from now on, the Note 10 Plus, it sounds even better. Pretty close to regular 3.5mm aux cable quality.

Note 10 Plus has everything I need on it except the headphone jack obviously. My only other gripe is the stupid ultrasonic fingerprint reader. I wish it wasn't there so I could get a decent case with a built in screen protector. I think I will be selling my OP8.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Well, I did come across a revelation I believe. I found an aux cable from amazon that on the other end has a USB type C plug! Though it doesn't sound as good as a regular aux cable, it does sound much better than using that stupid dongle. Whatever, I'll take it. I wish these were more common though so I could find different choices.

Now onto the phones... Odd how on my Oneplus 8, it sounds good, but on my most recent device, which I am really liking and will be my device from now on, the Note 10 Plus, it sounds even better. Pretty close to regular 3.5mm aux cable quality.

Note 10 Plus has everything I need on it except the headphone jack obviously. My only other gripe is the stupid ultrasonic fingerprint reader. I wish it wasn't there so I could get a decent case with a built in screen protector. I think I will be selling my OP8.
I got one of those cables for my husband as he has pixel 4xl.

Glad your Note 10 is nice. The 10 series is such a good phone.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Still really enjoying the Note 10 Plus. I had an issue with Samsung where I had to return the N10+ that I had... They had refunded me for the device as it was originally lost in transit for two weeks. Then it finally showed up. So I had to send it back. That was like three weeks ago. Well I just FINALLY got another Note 10 Plus again due to it being out of stock. I was able to get it for 50 bucks cheaper though. I gotta say though, I love this device. I did like the Note 9, but this one just feels way better despite a few shortcomings like no headphone jack and camera quality is kind of meh especially compared to the Note 9.

Other then that, hardware-wise, this thing is a beast!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci