copy files from camera

stuartgb100

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
New to tablets !
Bought this for the screen, mainly.
Need to download pics from a camera when on the road, to quickly preview while there is still time to retake if need be.
Can't find a way to do this.
Camera has an SD card, with hdmi and micro sd output. No wifi etc.

Thanks,
Stuart.

pmlabrier

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If your camera has an sd card use a micro sd card in an sd adapter. Then just load your card in the external memory slat on the fonepad.

Paul

May 15, 2013
Visit site
While this would work, I suspect moving micro-SD cards and adaptors around would be quite fiddly.
Another solution would be to try an SD card with built in WiFi in the camera. This works like a normal SD card except it also creates a wireless network over which your pictures are transmitted and an Android app on the Fonepad picks up and displays the images. Go to Amazon and search for Transcend 16Gb Wifi SD card. It is about ?37 for the 16Gb version.
I haven't tried this, I might have a go. It would be worth finding out if the app on the Play Store runs on the Fonepad. The app claims to be compatible.
Steve

kinged33

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I believe another option is to use USB OTG cable and plug into USB microSD card reader. Download File Explorer from Google play and browse it directly from your SD card. This is also one of the reason I am buying Fonepad.

Hi,
New to tablets !
Bought this for the screen, mainly.
Need to download pics from a camera when on the road, to quickly preview while there is still time to retake if need be.
Can't find a way to do this.
Camera has an SD card, with hdmi and micro sd output. No wifi etc.

Thanks,
Stuart.

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I believe another option is to use USB OTG cable and plug into USB microSD card reader. Download File Explorer from Google play and browse it directly from your SD card. This is also one of the reason I am buying Fonepad.

Yes, contrary to my previous advice, this is what I do too. The Fonepad works very well as a backup to the camera and is much better than viewing on the 3 inch camera screen. I use the app RawDroid to view raw images on the Fonepad too.

I use a USB OTG (on-the-go) lead costing less than a pound on ebay and an ordinary USB card reader to copy files off the camera memory card. You can also use the USB cable that comes with the camera to connect directly to the OTG adaptor, though I find the card reader more convenient.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I use Usb otg and connect my camera direct to the fonetab and open the camera files on my fonetab.

Posted via Android Central App

vel2000

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
^^
Yepp, that's what I do too.
The camera, a cheapish Canon, is recognized by the Fonepad and I can watch the fotos either with the "gallery app" or "Asus Studio"

idelsohn

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
hi,

I have Canon 20D which I'm trying to connect to my Galaxy note 10.1 and export the photos.
I have a USB+card reader which I connect to the camera & tablet, I can see that the camera is connected, but I can not see or access the files within. The camera is set on PTP connectivity.
I have tried different apps, but so far could not manage this.
Appreciate some advise

​Thanks

Read more: Exporting Photos to Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Page 2

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Will try to advise but this is the Asus Fonepad forum and I don't know much about Samsung tablets. Does your tablet have usb otg capability. If yes use the cable that you would connect your camera to your pc with and get an otg microusb to usb cable and connect the camera to the tablet and use es file Explorer or such to find the camera. Will show up as external storage.

Asus Fonepad and Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii